Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: No love for Vineman Full? [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D,

I _LOVE_ you guys' races. Do you have any desire to be any larger than you are?

Whit CRUSHED it this weekend. We are stoked for her.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave - absolutely first class (as always). I love this event and the care the whole Vineman team puts in to the race and environment is evident to racers and spectators alike.

Whit and I will be back for sure.
LM
Quote Reply
Re: No love for Vineman Full? [lmicah3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you have time to comment on here but not go to lunch with me. man, where's the love!

I promise i eat fast. ;)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Re: No love for Vineman Full? [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, I am literally living in Louisville a block from my office. I have a few minutes to check email, but not to go out and eat. In fact, my company has provided all my meals this week!
Quote Reply
Re: No love for Vineman Full? [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the quarter-century milestone. If/when I ever get around to doing another full IM, I'm planning on this one (confident it will keep on keepin on for a few more years at least). Have family in the greater SF area to help cushion the travel costs, and it's within a day's drive for me. Don't need to give WTC any more $$$ for essentially equivalent product in my eyes ~ if anything, the more crowded courses are a turn-off in addition to the higher entry cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i can't wait till wednesday

Quote Reply
Re: No love for Vineman Full? [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mark ... honestly credit goes to Russ, Amy, Shelly, John ... all I do is get handed the microphone THURS night and off we go ;-) ... what I do pales comparison to everyone else, but I also realize our role makes the event what it is too.

As far as bigger? I'm quite confident they would love it bigger ... a couple years ago it was close to 1000 but then IMLT hit and Canada moved BUT i could see it swinging bigger again.

There are also some people (including me) that would like to see the bonus $$ structure increase and more money for course records. That said it would take a sponsor who wanted to fund that. A proper pro prize purse (and I don't mean 15k) would be cool too.

It really is an incredible race in a unique place.

Again, thanks!

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks ... I love having you guys there. You know the depth of Amy's love for the race and I'm sure you saw what it does to Russ (even after 25 years) and me when got all choked up. In different ways we all have a lot of emotion (and care) invested over the years so I'm glad that it becomes evident to people like yourself.

Congrats to you both ... Whit (and Sarah) big-timed that race on Saturday!

Best,

Dave Latourette
Last edited by: Dave Latourette: Aug 1, 14 14:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to do Vineman again at some point. Only minor complaint was the road conditions, but it sounds like they fixed those issues. It's the only time ever in my life (training or racing) that I swam beside people walking through the water for a long period of time...just bizarre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more shout out to Vineman. I did the full last year as my third 140.6 (and first non-M-Dot race) and it was so refreshing. There are so many reasons to do this race - the location, the Saturday timing, the weather, the wave start, and of course being in wine country for recovery. My only cons were the cost for me to get there from across the country, and the road conditions. It was definitely a "bucket list" type of experience for me and I enjoyed it fully.
Quote Reply
Re: No love for Vineman Full? [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What were the worst 12 miles of road on the course (3 on Westside x 2 loops & 6+ on Eastside have been re-paved and very smooth. There is also a new staged plan for road improvements in Sonoma County that include the course

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done it twice. Do not care for WTC so I support the independents!!! Will try to do again.......now if only Silverman will come back
Quote Reply

Prev Next