Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Removing tubular valve core in rim
Quote | Reply
I have a tire I don't want to pull and reglue. I need to replace the valve extender with a type that has a removable core. Is there anyway I can pull the core in the rim?
Quote Reply
Re: Removing tubular valve core in rim [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I am not very clear on what you are asking. My take is this: you want to replace the valve stem extender without taking the tubular tire off the rim. Can you use a pair of pliers and unscrew the unwanted extender that is currently on there and just replace with the one you want? One problem may be if the tire valve stem does not protrude beyond the rim then you cannot apply the tape to properly seal the extender to the valve to create an effective seal. If the glue is a couple of years old it might be good idea to re-glue it anyways. If not, you don't need to remove the entire tire, just enough to get the valve out and the new extender in and re-glue that area.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing tubular valve core in rim [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the last situation you mentioned.

I have a gp4000 mounted on a 60mm rim with a regular valve extender. The valve started leaking. Now I would like to unscrew the valve core, thread in a new extender and add the valve core to the top of the extender. The issue is I'm not sure how to get the core out. I would like to keep the tire glued on as the glue is only a month old.
Quote Reply