Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you race in a one piece or two piece race kit? [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear separate tops and shorts, mostly because of my physique and inability to find a one-piece that fits me. 5'-7" with a 46" chest. If it fits me at the top, then it's way too long. Have the same problem with wet suits.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just switched to a one-piece, got a Zoot Performance racesuit and I love it. Much more comfortable and easy. Easier to get on and off with tired arms/legs and sweaty body too. My TYR top was practically impossible to get off after a race.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you race in a one piece or two piece race kit? [fe_dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fe_dad wrote:
De Soto Riviera tri bib + top.

This. But serious issues if you have a code brown. You pretty much have to strip naked. That's okay in a porta-pottie, but if you're running into the woods, you will need to strip while you run.

Quote | Reply
Always a two piece. No one piece would ever fit my tall skinny bod.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a slight preference for two piece if I can wear a wetsuit for the swim. One piece for non-wetsuit events. Not a big deal either way, for me.

Do you leave your top on the beach at the water's edge so you can put it on while running to T1? When I tested the old "stuff the top into the shorts trick. I wasn't any faster than swimming while wearing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My last Ironman (Lake Placid 2013) I wore my 1 piece, which I now always wear for any race, but I changed to running shorts and a singlet for the run portion of the Ironman due to the possibility of restroom breaks. Worked great and probably only lost 10-15 seconds in transition due to the change.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you race in a one piece or two piece race kit? [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the pool I would just leave my top close to the edge of the pool and grab it while running out. Not always pretty trying to get it on. Now that I have tested the one piece, I am confident that I will be fine for sprint and olympic distance. the one piece is hard to adjust my junk when needed but I will just sort it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
...the one piece is hard to adjust my junk when needed but I will just sort it out.

They need to make a side access slit. This is my only knock of a 1-piece.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two piece now. Always used to race in a very comfortable and seemingly fast B70 one piece (among others) until my first full IM when I got hit with GI issues. A tight fitting suit and a small, hot port-a-potty makes for an unpleasant and time-consuming endeavor. Now in a B70 two piece and I love it, plus it seems a lot cooler as I can roll up the top a bit. Waistband is not an issue and the suit does not get baggy in the crotch at all (one of the main reasons for bibs on a bike).

I'd still consider a one piece for anything up to and including a 70.3, but not for anything longer. I've seen that movie before...

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Do you race in a one piece or two piece race kit? [shaggyrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find a two piece cooler. I roll up the bottom to expose my midsection and use low cut shorts...
Quote Reply
Re: Do you race in a one piece or two piece race kit? [greg k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same thing when I raced mine this weekend. Just had to take a handful and adjust the best I could.
Quote Reply

Prev Next