Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin fenix2 and wetsuit removal
Quote | Reply
I did a search and didn't see this question asked or answered anywhere, so here we are.

Thinking about going with a fenix2 as my triathlon GPS device, but I'm a little concerned about peeling a wetsuit off over it. I've pulled a wetsuit over my FR10 without issue (yes, the GPS sucks, but the timer worked), and the fenix2 appears to be about the same thickness.

Anyone have any experiences, positive or negative, with racing with the fenix2 yet?

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin fenix2 and wetsuit removal [fitknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had the Fenix2 for a few months and during a race, I put it on over my wetsuit to keep water from rushing into my sleeve. Then after I exit the water, take off goggles, cap, and watch.

Watch gets dropped next to my running shoes (I use a 510 on the bike) and then gets picked up again for the run. In T2, I rack the bike, take off my helmet, put on shoes and grab watch and number belt.

Haven't had any issues with getting the watch started in the minute or so to get out of T2.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Fenix 2 and wear a DeSoto Black Pearl wetsuit. No problems peeling the wetsuit off at all, but I'm surely conscious of it when doing so. My only negative experiences have been user error. The watch has performed very well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fenix2 is rife with problems and issues, but getting the wetsuit off over it is not one of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought my Fenix 2 during the initial release, and I am happy with it overall.
I take it off before I remove my wetsuit; bite the band with my teeth, pull my arms out of my wetsuit, and then put the watch back on as I am jogging up to T1.

Brandan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just used the fenix for its first race. I put the watch UNDER the sleeve of my wetsuit ( de soto t1). When I pulled the suit off of my shoulder and arm the watch was right where it's supposed to be. I could hit the start button easily as I entered the water.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin fenix2 and wetsuit removal [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, went back out with my 910 today, accuracy was at worst 15 feet along a tree lined road, Fenix 2 was 35 feet.
Quote Reply