Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Runners do it for attention so let us complain about them for attention [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Runners do it for attention so let us complain about them for attention [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Runners do it for attention so let us complain about them for attention [Clempson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clempson wrote:
the quote at the end really captures the anti running mindset:

"When you run, you're alone with your thoughts and there's nature and it's just awful,"

Classic!

That really captures it precisely. What is one of the #1 reasons for enjoying running by runners, is the main reason non-runners hate it.

They don't want to be alone with their thoughts, they want a Television program to think for them and drown their thought is cheap wine.... using a Riesling...form a box, since it has the least wine-like flavor...don't want to think about what your drinking either.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Runners do it for attention so let us complain about them for attention [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
Quote:
"When you run, you're alone with your thoughts and there's nature and it's just awful," she said.

...that's...why....I run? I'm confused.

Its because they can't bare to confront the emptiness in their lives. Better to fill it with TV and cheetos.

-mike
Quote Reply
Re: Runners do it for attention so let us complain about them for attention [ibex26.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ibex26.2 wrote:
happman23 wrote:

Quote:

Their couch is too low.

It wasn't before they sat down...

Pahahahahahaha!!!!!! You just made my day. Thank you.

X2.

On a purley comparative scale, the woman in the green shirt appears to be in decent shape......or in clinical terms: not "morbidly obese"

While I'm working on not being judgemental...........I will defer that work for another day as I enjoy the ST 'hatin' on people. I will try and be a better person tomorrow.....or the day after.....
Quote Reply
Re: Runners do it for attention so let us complain about them for attention [Clempson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clempson wrote:
the quote at the end really captures the anti running mindset:

"When you run, you're alone with your thoughts and there's nature and it's just awful,"

This statement just shows the vacant, empty and worthless mind of the person who said it, the kind that makes movies like Idiocracy sort of prophetic.

When I run, its like meditation once I get beyond the first mile or so. Once I get into the rhythm of my run it becomes thought clearing, nature becomes much more vivid and visible. Some of the most joyful moments I have experienced have been on runs, like the wonder of running in a snowfall, seeing a bald eagle pair in a nest, and the joy of running with a friend in a race. Cycling is the same, I positively adore those moments when all I can hear is the sound of my wheels, a light whir from my gears, and the sound of nature as I pedal down a rural two lane road. Swimming is like sensory deprivation, and forces me to think about my swimming, breathing and navigation. Not as much fun as running or cycling, but I do find that my mind is sharper and clearer in the morning after a good swim than when I don't swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Runners do it for attention so let us complain about them for attention [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I will defer that work for another day as I enjoy the ST 'hatin' on people.
We can hate vicariously without owning it :) Just sayin'.
Quote Reply
Re: Runners do it for attention so let us complain about them for attention [npage148] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure the whole thing was a joke and many of us are getting all sorts of self-righteous on here about it. That quote about nature is what tells me they can't possibly have been serious with the whole piece.
Quote Reply
Re: Runners do it for attention so let us complain about them for attention [vecchia capra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think everyone has it all wrong.

These woman are being honest, first of they don't want to be alone with their thoughts, would you if you were a couch potato, and the last thing they want is nature, because nature regards them as a food source and they can't outrun anything that regards them as food. While running, for some, is a natural high, for others not so much, it's merely another form of oxygen deprivation. As for natural rhythm, well lets be honest, looking at them, it's unlikely they use the rhythm method either.

I have to admit that a perfect Tri for me would be a 5 mile swim, a hundred mile bike and a hundred yard run.
So I might have a slightly different attitude, the run is my punishment (which I accept) for having so much fun on the other two bits.

People "get off" on lots of things and I chose to get of the couch.
You never know, maybe they read :0)
Quote Reply

Prev Next