Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMLP 60 slot follow up: Congrats Brian Keast (overdistance) and Barry Dmitruk (Kona Express) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev - thanks for the posting and congrats on your own Whistler finish. Really enjoyed IMLP, weather and all. Very happy with the results especially the Kona spot as the competition was tough. The neat part about Hawaii for me this year is my cardiologist (Dr. Shoemaker, LHSC), who has been instrumental in keeping me healthy post-surgery, will be working the medical tent at Kona.

Good work on the part of Barry Dmitruk as well!

For me, one of the best parts of any Ironman takes place the following day watching the Hawaii rolldown process which is an emotional experience akin to seeing the final competitors crossing the line as midnight approaches. There were a few rolldowns at LP and the look of shock, joy, and elation on the face of a 7th place finisher who just saw a spot roll from 4th to 5th to 6th and then right into their lap is priceless.

Cheers, Brian
Last edited by: Overdistance: Jul 29, 14 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP 60 slot follow up: Congrats Brian Keast (overdistance) and Barry Dmitruk (Kona Express) [Overdistance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
which AG rolled down to 7th?

-Michael Welch My Blog
Supported by: TEAM ZOOT Swiftwick
For all your endurance shopping needs
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP 60 slot follow up: Congrats Brian Keast (overdistance) and Barry Dmitruk (Kona Express) [in10siv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry - can't recall the specifics for each AG. At some races it seems rare to see any spots roll but I was thinking that some people would regret NOT attending the IMLP rolldown.

Not suggesting that there were piles of rolldowns but between people already having earned a spot and others opting out, it was enough to make a few attendees very happy.

Wouldn't it be great if all this Kona information was easily accessible and searchable?
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP 60 slot follow up: Congrats Brian Keast (overdistance) and Barry Dmitruk (Kona Express) [Overdistance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Overdistance wrote:
Sorry - can't recall the specifics for each AG. At some races it seems rare to see any spots roll but I was thinking that some people would regret NOT attending the IMLP rolldown.

Not suggesting that there were piles of rolldowns but between people already having earned a spot and others opting out, it was enough to make a few attendees very happy.

Wouldn't it be great if all this Kona information was easily accessible and searchable?

understatement (technically an interrogative) of the year! It ain't rocket science to have this info available.

Congrats to ALL, and, nice post Dev.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP 60 slot follow up: Congrats Brian Keast (overdistance) and Barry Dmitruk (Kona Express) [in10siv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it was one of the female age groups that rolled to 7th...maybe 35-39 but not 100% sure...the woman who got it was a first time IM finisher and thrilled. As an aside, I'm new to ST but a big beneficiary of WTC going back to 60 slots...I grabbed the last slot in M45-49!
Quote Reply

Prev Next