Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whats physically happening at different training levels?
Quote | Reply
Hi

I am never one to simply follow advice about you need to do enurance, tempo, sweetspot, threshold, v02 max, neuro etc.. workouts. I really like to understand whats going on physcially when I am training in these zones. Does anyone know of any good material which clearly documents whats happening within the body when Im training in each zone (mainly focused on cycling). i.e. Why do threshold intervals help improve FTP, similar question to endurance... whats going on inside the body/adaptations when I perform a 3 hour Z2 ride etc..

Any info welcome.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Whats physically happening at different training levels? [PepperMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Whats physically happening at different training levels? [PepperMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...ower-training-levels

scroll down a bit and you will see the various adaptations at various power levels
Quote Reply
Re: Whats physically happening at different training levels? [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, the above came up in my search and was too good to pass up. Here is a chart more germane to your question.

Quote Reply
Re: Whats physically happening at different training levels? [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not think it means what you think it means :)

Interesting table though.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is hilarious.

Pantelones wrote:
Quote Reply