Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HITS lake Havasu or Challenge Rancho Cordova 70.3?
Quote | Reply
Not sure which way to go here, anyone done either of these 70.3 races?
Quote Reply
Re: HITS lake Havasu or Challenge Rancho Cordova 70.3? [raceboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the first time Challenge has a 70.3 distance race in US (Rancho Cordova)
Quote Reply
Re: HITS lake Havasu or Challenge Rancho Cordova 70.3? [raceboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
raceboy wrote:

Ive done havasu 140.6 which is the 70.3 twice. Water is clear, and drinkable. Bike is not easy on semi crappy roads. Run is mostly flat through camp ground on an island. Weather is perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: HITS lake Havasu or Challenge Rancho Cordova 70.3? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Expanding what synthetic said... the bike course is a bit of a cluster. It cuts through parking lots with lots of loose chip seal/gravel/sand. Also the neighborhood section had me worried as I was nearly taken out by a dog charging out of his yard as I'm bombing down a hill. Another hill has a 4 way stop sign and you just hope the volunteer working that corner is paying attention. But, Mark runs a great race and I'd do a HITS event again if they changed that bike course.
Quote Reply
Re: HITS lake Havasu or Challenge Rancho Cordova 70.3? [CDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CDriver wrote:
Expanding what synthetic said... the bike course is a bit of a cluster. It cuts through parking lots with lots of loose chip seal/gravel/sand. Also the neighborhood section had me worried as I was nearly taken out by a dog charging out of his yard as I'm bombing down a hill. Another hill has a 4 way stop sign and you just hope the volunteer working that corner is paying attention. But, Mark runs a great race and I'd do a HITS event again if they changed that bike course.

What is it with HITS and bike courses? They're such nice folks and I really want them to do well, but they seem to find the crappiest roads in the county and route the bike course there.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
raceboy wrote:

I have done the Challenge course during the folsom race. Great swim. Nice bike. Run will be new.
We will be helping at the race, and I will be on a relay team. Going to be a great day.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply