Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bottle Cage & Spare Tube Setup Recommendations...
Quote | Reply
What is the best bottle cage and spare tube setup? The Profile Design on my P2C is a bottle launcher! It is behind my saddle and at a angle.

If I knew how to insert a photo in a post in this forum I would share.......
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle Cage & Spare Tube Setup Recommendations... [brptak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you just link to the model that you have? The cage matters more than the type of mount IME. When all else fails, get the X-lab gorilla cages (expensive, but grippy). I've had good luck with the Blackburn Slick, quite grippy, light, and only $15. Its design also doesn't flex open on bumps.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle Cage & Spare Tube Setup Recommendations... [brptak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brptak wrote:
What is the best bottle cage and spare tube setup? The Profile Design on my P2C is a bottle launcher! It is behind my saddle and at a angle.

XLab MiniPod here in a Gorilla Cage zip tied to the saddle. If you're just using it for a spare setup, you could always throw a strip of electric tape over it in the cage.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Bottle Cage & Spare Tube Setup Recommendations... [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bostonalex wrote:
brptak wrote:

XLab MiniPod here in a Gorilla Cage zip tied to the saddle. If you're just using it for a spare setup, you could always throw a strip of electric tape over it in the cage.

I like this for short races, the challenge comes in HIM or IM, where you want to carry two bottles. Right now I am wrapping my tube, CO2 and tire lever in a back and stuffing it between the seat and bottle holder - its crude but seems to be mostly hidden.
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle Cage & Spare Tube Setup Recommendations... [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
bostonalex wrote:
brptak wrote:

I like this for short races, the challenge comes in HIM or IM, where you want to carry two bottles. Right now I am wrapping my tube, CO2 and tire lever in a back and stuffing it between the seat and bottle holder - its crude but seems to be mostly hidden.

I'm having this exact thought. Here's my two schools of thought for a HIM race:

1. BTA up front, bottle on the downtube, spare kit on the back of the saddle, aero bento behind stem for nutrition / other. Lots of pros racing this setup. The aero penalty from the downtube bottle is going to be less than the frequent reach around to the rear. Plus, I angle the rear cage and I have short arms, so it's not an easy grab from the bars.

2. Carbon Wing or the like on the saddle with a single bottle cage attached behind it. 1 water bottle there, spare / tools tucked into the Wing. BTA up front, aero bento behind the stem.

I'm really on the fence as to which I'll race at Timberman, but truthfully it's probably not going to matter a whole lot. I did race Quassy 70.3 with the first setup and it worked very well. The ability to grab and refill the BTA from the downtube bottle was awesome.

-Alex

Quote Reply