Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner1 wrote:
Chobani for sure. It's easy to find at Walmart and comes in great flavors like watermelon, mango, coconut, lime, lemon, etc. It's good stuff.

I like the walmart generic greek yogurt, 33% cheaper than name brands. The fruit flavored yogurts rarely use real fruit, it is just dyed sugar paste.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [GrapeJuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrapeJuice wrote:
Noosa!

I can't believe we're the only 2.

Although, its probably just like bikes. If Schwinn is the only thing you've ever ridden, you don't know what you're missing.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Noosa is my favorite too. Their coconut is sublime, love the tart cherry as well. Stiggi's would be my #2, especially their vanilla. Tastes almost like vanilla custard and it's lower sugar than most.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fage is the only answer here, all the major yogurt brand's attempts to jump on the Greek bandwagon are gross.

I eat a cup of the plain 2% every day. You can sometimes find them 10 for $10 at Stop and Shop by me, otherwise Trader Joe's sells them cheaper than the normal grocery store price.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
ilikepizza wrote:
Fage plain. Add a couple berries or use it in a blender. Big tubs @ Costco are a steal.

I'm addicted to Fage like it's crack. I add just a little honey and stir lightly. I try to eat the non-fat most of the time, but the whole milk version is better than ice cream.

My pre-race meal is nonfat or 2% Fage with honey, a banana, and a small bowl of oatmeal.

I make my own Fage style greek yougurt. It is really easy. Google it. I make a batch every 5 days or so. Comes out really good. Indistinguishable from Fage.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fage is great, 2%, i don't add anything.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Love any yoghurt , especially the fruit bottom type . I know I may as well have a Snickers bar .

That's not entirely true; even crappy yogurt (e.g. yoplait) is a better choice than a Snickers - more protein and calcium.

My favourite is Stonyfield plain - second favourite is Brown Cow whole-milk varieties. Chocolate or cherry vanilla :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anything besides plain is pretty much as much sugar as ice cream, i only get plain cause the only thing i use it for is smoothies and curries
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Yoghurt the hipster way of pronouncing Yogurt?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Is Yoghurt the hipster way of pronouncing Yogurt?

it's how you spell 'yogurt' across the pond.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [GrisGris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my complaint with Noosa is it has gelatin, which is not vegetarian friendly.

As a sidenote, not all the sugar in yogurt is added - milk has sugar in it naturally (lactose)

Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kyle h wrote:
Greek Gods is really good.

YES!!!

Unfortunately it's high fat, high sugar (unless you get plain) but it's insanely good.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your go to Yoghurt , no sugar crap [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't consider sugar crap. It's not poison, just carbs. Everything in moderation. I don't imagine any particular yogurt to be drastically different from the next. Greek is good for those of us not getting enough protein. I mix in frozen fruit in the morning, the whole mixture is just about fridge temperature by lunch.
Quote Reply

Prev Next