Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I just called Dev an Ironman!
Quote | Reply
IM Canada. 1:08:22 swim, 2:30 T-1, 5:30:18 bike, 1:41 - T2, 4:11:54 Run, 10:54:43 overall time. Z
Quote Reply
Re: I just called Dev an Ironman! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bet that's not the first time! Wonder if he won the T1+T2 competition?

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a great time on what was a pretty damn hot and challenging day. I think he passed me early on the bike and said something like "how's your morning going brother?". I made some joke and was going to ask if I was in the presence of slow twitch royalty but he was gone like a bat outta hell. Tough day out there today. Headwind going DOWN to pemberton, and it was a very hot day on the climb back (and of course by that time the wind had changed).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: I just called Dev an Ironman! [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmas wrote:
Bet that's not the first time! Wonder if he won the T1+T2 competition?

Very cool!

Yeah, crap, I can't make those T times in short course and I don't even wear socks then. Smokin'!

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:
IM Canada. 1:08:22 swim, 2:30 T-1, 5:30:18 bike, 1:41 - T2, 4:11:54 Run, 10:54:43 overall time. Z

Thanks Tom for the cheers and bringing me in for number 26. And also to everyone that put on one of the most fantastic races I have done. Spent the first 5 years of my childhood hiking with my parents in the coastal mountains of BC (I think they made me walk everywhere) so this was like coming home. I'll post a full report later....I hope i won the age group T1+T2 competition as that was about all I won....clearly i did not do any heroics on the run. My bike ride was my best ever. Between my lightness on the uphills and doing my aero tuck sitting on my top tube on downhills, i got the most out of my watts (only averaged 182W for 2200m of vertical for 5:30). I also felt the marshaling was fantastic and having all those roads closed right in the heart of Sea to Sky country is unheard of. In

Kudos to the organizers, and volunteers for one of the best IM's on the circuit that i have done (LP, Tremblant, Nice, Zurich, Roth, Kona, Woodlands). All you guys really need to come over to Whistler and check this place and race out. You will not be dissappointed....by the way, i saw a ton of IM Tahoe finisher shirts around here and almost zero IM Florida and and IM Arizona shirts. Seems like these types of races draw a certain clientele!
Quote Reply
Re: I just called Dev an Ironman! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
That is a great time on what was a pretty damn hot and challenging day. I think he passed me early on the bike and said something like "how's your morning going brother?". I made some joke and was going to ask if I was in the presence of slow twitch royalty but he was gone like a bat outta hell. Tough day out there today. Headwind going DOWN to pemberton, and it was a very hot day on the climb back (and of course by that time the wind had changed).

Yes, what was that headwind going DOWN to Pemberton all about? I thought i'd have a lot more 'free fall' and found myself pedaling too much! The run course really beat me up. I thought i was ready, but the reality is that I misjudged the heat (I did not find it hot after Ontario summer), got my calories too concentrated mid way through the run. When i add it up, i only pee'd 3 times all day by midnight....definitely some hydration mess ups.
Quote Reply
Re: I just called Dev an Ironman! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great time Dev, I agree spectacular venue. Bike course was tough as nails I really enjoyed it but could have headed straight to the nearest patio after that and been quite happy! Getting through the run was one of the toughest things mentally I have had to overcome. Gran Fondo's anyone? Lol. You completing 26 of these things is amazing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job Dev, I plan to race Whistler next year, or maybe France or Lanza or....damn

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job!!!!

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a fantastic course and venue. I'm looking forward to hearing about the marshaling. Especially in Pemberton Meadows as this was the race's weakest point last year.

Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chapeau, dev - i'm moving back to canada for a little while, so i'm hoping we'll toe a starting line together soon.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: I just called Dev an Ironman! [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
Great job Dev, I plan to race Whistler next year, or maybe France or Lanza or....damn

Jack

I was stupidly thinking that the Lanza + Nice + Whistler + Tahoe would be the Quadruple crown of IM racing. I'm paging Matt Russel and Petr Vanbrousek to pull that one off.... but I think you are up to the task too. I should have not even typed that sentence as a browser automagically opened in the background to a Tahoe registration page. I think WTC has a special a custom version of Google Chrome that was deployed to my computer. You better check your computer. It might be some pilot software that Google and WTC have collaborated on and it might be pre installed on all the sucker All World Athlete (frequent racer program) computers and once they have the bugs sorted out on my computer, they will just activate it on all you guys. Next thing you know, you will just "THINK" about a race and your credit card will be debited.

Seriously though, next year racing 50-54, i would like to go back to Nice or do Alpe d'Huez. However, my family seems to like Whistler as there are many things we did not get around to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dev...did you had a gps on the run? i m wondering how accurate was that run course. they change it from last year and wonder about the distance.... can we consider Jeff 2:40 a legit accurate time? if so, they could be one of the fastest ever run in the history (i discount any austria/roth time as they are short). Not many guy have run true legit 2:40 on 42.2km course

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Dev! Say, how much faster are you now on your P3 on that course vs. a younger Dev on his 200 sci? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to finally meet you out on the run course. Congrats on a great race on what I thought was a very tough course! Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: I just called Dev an Ironman! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
dev...did you had a gps on the run? i m wondering how accurate was that run course. they change it from last year and wonder about the distance.... can we consider Jeff 2:40 a legit accurate time? if so, they could be one of the fastest ever run in the history (i discount any austria/roth time as they are short). Not many guy have run true legit 2:40 on 42.2km course

I only have one from a friend at 41.6km, it shows a bit longer than the ones I have from last year at around 41 km or so.

I would say legit or close, the other issue is that even for reasonable ag runners the course was very busy through the village with spectators etc on loop 2. Lots of turns, hills and gravel etc. He would have had to run fast and negotiate bears (yes again!) lots of kids, dogs and people crossing the course everywhere.

He passed me at when he was at 25km or so going uphill at lost lake, he had the craziest pain face I have ever seen….and was booking it.

Surprised no one has started a thread on this.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev

Any chance you could do a post on how you achieve 4:11 combined T1+2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there last year after having done Penticton a few times. Looking forward to your full report, and how you thought this course compares to the old IMC, Tremblant, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: I just called Dev an Ironman! [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks maurice!

at the 25km mark..... he was about to make the pass for second overall on trevor so he was working solid...that said, i say him about 10 times on the run and every single time...he crack some joke and scream and wave.... he was in a very happy zone from km 1 to km 42...

also amazing performance on marino with a 4:30 bike ride....40km/h. That is about as fast as this course will ever see. I m puzzle as to why the course was so much faster than last year other than the caliber of athletes? trevor rode ~8minutes faster than 2013. been there...it didnt seems like the condition were ''easy'' or optimal.....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply