Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Placid Sign Up
Quote | Reply
Lake Placid sign-up for volunteers start at 8:00am Monday. What is recommended time to get there? They said doors open at 1:00am. Seems a little early.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Sign Up [ATK2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would show up about 10 AM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All LP volunteers for 2014 are guaranteed a slot for 2015, so time isn't an issue. It's the other knuckleheads that need to be there early.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on how quickly you wish to get in and out. I camped out alongside the gym (about 20th in line) when they were holding registration in the high school. I got in and out in about 15 minutes, but it wasn't worth the miserable night of sleep. This year, I'll be sleeping in my hotel until I decide it's time to walk down and get in line.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know for certain when the 2014 race sold out to general public? I thought I remembered it staying open until some time in the fall but others seem to think it sold out within the first day or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Sign Up [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can dig around and find the ST thread from last year. It looks like it took about 2.5 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Sign Up [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Closed within a few hours. Tremblant stayed open until the fall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have set hours that registration is open. I have found going 15 minutes before they close, line is gone and you get in and out quickly without waiting or getting up super early.
Quote Reply