Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

All these English Commonwealth winners English?
Quote | Reply
i'm noting that england gets 3rd, 11th, and some other place, and i don't see any welsh or scottish women in the field. there were 2 from northern ireland. no competitive women in ITU racing from wales or scotland?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: All these English Commonwealth winners English? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're forgetting that they also got first unless that's some other place. Helen Jenkins and Non Stanford of Wales were both out with injury and as far as I know the Scots don't have any competitive racers in ITU. Also just to be pedantic it's the British Commonwealth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wales has two of the top five women in the sport (Stanford and Jenkins), both of whom are sadly injured.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm noting that england gets 3rd, 11th, and some other place, and i don't see any welsh or scottish women in the field. there were 2 from northern ireland. no competitive women in ITU racing from wales or scotland?

Non Stanford and Helen Jenkins would have raced for Wales but are injured. I can't think of any elite Scottish women although I think they are fielding a team in the mixed relay.

Oh and that "some other place" England got was 1st ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: All these English Commonwealth winners English? [FeketeBlob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FeketeBlob wrote:
Wales has two of the top five women in the sport (Stanford and Jenkins), both of whom are sadly injured.

And for whatever reason, Leanda Cave didn't get selected for Wales. Selection committee might be regretting that a little now.

http://www.bbc.com/...ealth-games/28452296
Quote Reply