Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

stop sweating the small stuff
Quote | Reply
Take it or leave it, here is some advice from a not so old man growing up too fast. I see some serious posts from time to time on here that have merit and deserve discussion (hit by car, injuries, etc) but there are some who get way to worked up over stuff that does not matter. Here is the quick story to put everything else in context. A friend of mine in his early 30's in great health went into cardiac arrest last night in his sleep. He is an active triathlete and has done a full recently as well as multiple sprints. He is in ICU with a body temp of 92 (to try to save his cognitive abilities). Too early to tell what is going to happen.

If you have a family take a second or maybe longer to stop posting and give some attention to the kids and spouse. Take a moment to call your parents just to say hi. I am not saying this to criticize folks for posting b/c it has it's place especially if it involves gorillas or denizens of the pool. It is not a matter of if something is going to interrupt life, just a matter of when. Do something about it now.
Quote Reply
Re: stop sweating the small stuff [jahlopy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your friend--I hope he pulls through!

What you say is of-course true.

I'm surprised at times at how poorly discussions come off on ST (I've been part of some). I somethings think it's partly attributable to the nature of the medium. People post things they would never say face-to-face in real life....

Still for the most part, ST has enriched my life...

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: stop sweating the small stuff [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Most of the time the info on ST has helped me as well. Crappy day.
Quote Reply
Re: stop sweating the small stuff [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry one more to rcmioga . Saw your blog and glad to see your taking care of your pup at all costs. Good example of not sweating the small stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A timely thread- rough day at work. Thank you.

All the best to your friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well said. The "small" stuff tends to get me more than it should. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But don't dwell on the negative things either. Rejoice when you can. My wife is an a Oncology Nurse and I hear about a number of really sad situations which, does give me the ability to not worry about a lot of things. Well, when I stop to think about it.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impeccable timing on this thread. You could not be more right. Thank you.