Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Saddle Question: I look like Fred with the Adamo [JimMoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd get a Romin saddle:

Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Question: I look like Fred with the Adamo [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The romin is the saddle I use, wide wear it needs to be, narrow where it needs to be, not very expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Question: I look like Fred with the Adamo [patsullivan6630] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add me as another Romin vote. Run them on my Road and CX bikes and use an adamo on the TT.

Comes in different widths, which is the problem with the arione, and it has a nice relief channel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two perspectives on this I can share...

1) I ride a Selle Italia SLR that gets pretty uncomfortable after long distances or high volume weeks. I like how it looks on my bike and pain be damned, I'm willing to put up with it for the style points and to keep the bike weight down. I'm just odd that way.

2) I know a guy who is about 200 pounds, nearly all muscle, who is a beast on the bike and he rides a women's Terry saddle. Neither I or anyone I know has (to my knowledge) asked him about this or given him an ounce of flak about it.

I think Adamo saddles look dorky, but the cure for all that stuff is to be fast. If you are riding strong no one would care if you had colored tassles on your handlebars or a pink paint job on the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You sit on it....right?

Doesn't that sort of, cover it, all?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Question: I look like Fred with the Adamo [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phog wrote:
You sit on it....right?

Doesn't that sort of, cover it, all?

This.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

He looks pretty happy to me, just sayin'

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Question: I look like Fred with the Adamo [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried the Romin. The nose is too wide...and it's just not as comfortable as an Adamo Road (for me).

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JimMoss wrote:
I have a Cannondale SuperSix that came stock with the Fizik Arione saddle (shown below). About 18 months ago, I began experiencing insane sit bone and high hamstring pain. So, I switched saddles from the Arione to the Adamo Prologue. The Adamo has been good to me and resolved my pain, but I look like Fred with it on my Road bike.

No you don't...and your ass doesn't care anyway.

Don't be an idiot. The other saddle is an ass-hatchet for you, and the Adamo is comfortable...and you're going to be worried what other people think?

If you switch back due to "looks", you fully deserve to "reap what you sow"...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Question: I look like Fred with the Adamo [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm sticking with it. The Adamo solved some major pain for me. It is too late in the game to risk a change. Ass is happy, and so I should be happy too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.nytimes.com/...ewanted=all&_r=0

There is an association between traditional saddles and erectile dysfunction.

I do find that people who feel the need to make fun of others are often compensating for their own insecurities...just sayin'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks come first - Always! This is ST. Forget about your ass and hamstring pain in your double century. That's not important. Just HTFU. Now when someone in a nice wide gel saddle passes you by - just holler out a "Nice saddle, eh!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grow a pair and stop caring what those people thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My taint loves my Adamo Breakaway, and I couldn't care less that it looks like the Millennium Falcon.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Question: I look like Fred with the Adamo [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the saddle that made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by PDH72 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Instead of buying a new saddle you really need to work on your comebacks. Perhaps a Comeback Fartlek Session once a week would do the trick. It worked for Costanza:

[/img]

Quote Reply

Prev Next