Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

quarq cinqo Bad quarq or bad setup?
Quote | Reply
purchased a quarq cinqo fsa-light and was able to sync it up to my garmin 800. I was able to sync and the avg wattage after a ride seems correct, but while riding, i noticed the realtime wattage numbers jump up and down sporadically and is not stable.

What is the +/- difference in wattage should i see when I'm pedaling at a perceived constant pressure and rotation?

I pretty much recalibrate the quarq the 4 times I've ridden it and the recalibration process numbers are within satisfactory range.
Quote Reply
Re: quarq cinqo Bad quarq or bad setup? [llf51] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
llf51 wrote:
purchased a quarq cinqo fsa-light and was able to sync it up to my garmin 800. I was able to sync and the avg wattage after a ride seems correct, but while riding, i noticed the realtime wattage numbers jump up and down sporadically and is not stable.

What is the +/- difference in wattage should i see when I'm pedaling at a perceived constant pressure and rotation?

I pretty much recalibrate the quarq the 4 times I've ridden it and the recalibration process numbers are within satisfactory range.

Realtime is always sporadic and in my opinion, should not be used to gauge effort unless you have good pacing. I tend to use 10 seconds average and find this works well.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
llf51 wrote:

That's how power actually goes.

If you find that unsettling, you can change your display to show the power averaged over short time spans (i.e. 3s, 10s, etc.)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smh. Another rider who bought a PM without having read Training and Racing with PM
Quote Reply
Re: quarq cinqo Bad quarq or bad setup? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You want to give me the cliff note version book worm?

echappist wrote:
Smh. Another rider who bought a PM without having read Training and Racing with PM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would be casting pearl to swine. Actually come to think of it, that would be insulting to swines as they are smart and curious; you just a philistine
Quote Reply