Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [Harapnuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot to add pancakes--lots of them and add chocolate chips...DAYUM!!
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dominos, beer, icecream and/or cookies
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on the length. After 70.3 FL it was Steak and Shake. 1 Oreo and 1 vanilla milkshake. After St. Anthony's it was a local resturant for the best French Toast I've ever had. Pretty much the only reason I race St. A's anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ten-ounce filet mignon, medium-rare, with a giant slice of carrot cake.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Diet coke immediately after.

Chocolate milkshake (rich & creamy) once the tummy can handle it.
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
The biggest greasiest cheeseburger with everything on it. 5-Guys if there's one in the area. In a pinch I'll go for a double Whopper.

This is going to be my go to dinner after IM Chatt this year. Less then a mile from the finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I travel and do most of my races around Vegas (Rage, Pumpkinman, SG 70.3) and I always reward myself with a trip to Sammy's LA Pastrami for a Pastrami Burger w/ Fried Egg and a Caramel Shake. I would guess it's about 56,789 calories. Boom.

Why don't we take a 5 minute brake...?
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [aTomic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, I've never eaten this, but i sure looks good right now. I'm on track for beer, burgers and a trip to Ben and Jerry's on Sunday. I'll be trying to regain all the weight I've lost in the last month in 1 night.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those that like a beer after...

http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/....1139/apnm-2013-0576

Maybe not the most optimal choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [Tapeworm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tapeworm wrote:
For those that like a beer after...

http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/....1139/apnm-2013-0576

Maybe not the most optimal choice.

Oh god. Dudes on this forum knocking pre/post race beers need to chill the fuck out.

Seriously bro, we do this for fun. Having a beer after a race is amazing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img]

Extra toast on the side. I'm getting hungry looking at this, currently trying to ship 15lbs...
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe some peoples' perception of fun is different to your own. Drinking a poison after exceptionally hard effort(s) seems counter-productive to me.

Not to mention the mere thought of drinking alcohol post race would be enough to induce nausea.

A 2000 cal shake of milk, ice cream, protein powder and fruit is my choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [Tapeworm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tapeworm wrote:
Maybe some peoples' perception of fun is different to your own. Drinking a poison after exceptionally hard effort(s) seems counter-productive to me.

Not to mention the mere thought of drinking alcohol post race would be enough to induce nausea.

Thanks Mom!
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [trihard1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, that needs some black pudding on it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grimaldi's Pizza or Bachi Burger

May have to try Sammy's LA Pastrami now. :)
Last edited by: bufordt: Jul 23, 14 16:09
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
cjbruin wrote:

Oceanside 70.3: In N Out

I miss this. When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, and raced O'side every year, we always stopped at the In-N-Out on hiway 76 on the way home.

That's where we eat after the Mud Run every year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tapeworm wrote:

Don't critique my beer and I won't knock your pussy ass post race meal.

Cool with that man?

There seem to be more and more softies on the boards these days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:
scofflaw wrote:
sierra nevada pale ale. accept no substitutes.
good for pre-race nerves too.

As well as 3 for a PB carbo-loading.

After a race, for some reason I really love a can of ice cold Coke first thing. Not a bottle, not a cup - must be a can.
Then beer. Many, many beers.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I first try to get what they have at the race.

Then my favorite is to stop and get a large vanilla Milkshake with a togos sandwich.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1xatbandcamp wrote:
I usually go to town on my fav deep dish pizza, donuts, and ice cream. Then I feel disgusting for a day or two and dont want it again until after the next race.

I binge once in a while too. Then I curl up in a ball in the shower, cut myself and cry. Afterwards I rub a large deep dish pizza slice on my genitals and say, "oh you like that don't you, you want that pizza slice fat boy don't you".

Most of time, my post workout/race shake includes cup w/g oats, banana, 30g cheap walmart whey protein, and cup of skim milk.
Last edited by: Swanson234: Jul 23, 14 17:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grrr, yeah, drinking alcohol is so *hard*.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A shit load of Haribo Gummi Bears, Red vines and Starburst and a gallon of water.

Quote | Reply
Not for me! Just some HP Sauce.

It's funny, as based on what I had read, and my research I had planned on putting 'good calories' back into my body after my first ironman to help with the recovery process... Then I walked into a supermarket and this presented itself....
Quote Reply
Re: Screw favorite pre-race meal I wanna know what you eat after a race... [cjbruin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cjbruin wrote:
Tapeworm wrote:

Thanks Mom!

^^^ real life laugh on that one.
Quote Reply

Prev Next