Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How Long Have You Been Doing This... [polynice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From a triathlon viewpoint:
9 years

From September 28th, 2013 to now. DNS two events this year. Doing mary/ultra running events though.

At this point tradition. I'm getting slower on the bike and don't feel like biking as much -- related?!?

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Ten years. Started after open-heart surgery when my cardiologist encouraged me to do as much aerobic exercise as I could handle.

2. Took 2007 race season off due to job change, but kept training. Lost most of 2010 due to torn Achilles tendon. OK since then.

3. Still enjoy the health benefits and competitive challenge. At age 61, I know I probably can't do this stuff forever, so appreciate the opportunity to still be training and racing even more.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. 29 years
2. Yes '96-'11 from MS for kiddos and sucky job.
3. Been trying to figure that out. Wired wrong I suppose. Wish I liked golf or goldfish instead. But my kids think I'm Superman. That's priceless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

1. How long have you been doing multisport? Since this spring... been running marathons/ultras for 8 years. Transitioned from competitive rugby through college and men's club.

2. Did you take time off? Why? And if so when did you jump back in. Only if I was injured. got back ASAP.

3. What keeps you going. Love of competition, camaraderie, outdoors, fitness, teaching my children a healthy lifestyle.
Quote Reply
Re: How Long Have You Been Doing This... [evanbone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Started in 1989 first tri was a relay with the current Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps. Did the Brea Coors Light "biathlon" then the USTS in Encinitas.

2. Took time off 1995-2001 after bike was stolen and could not convince wife to buy new bike

2001-2007 raced again, retired from Navy and got lazy got a new P2 in 2011 and going strong ever since

3. Kicking the ass of Billabong circa 1992 and Mrs Billabong REALLY apperciates me thin

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
since mid 80's - probably started with Coors Light Duathlon series or some other duathlon - I'll say 30 years.

Never took a period off - have raced every year since mid 80's

It's ingrained into my life, needing to do some activity almost everyday of my life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I consider myself a life-long endurance sports athlete

Started running seriously in my mid-teens (mid-'70's) and experienced a modest amount of success in high school as a runner. Added nordic skiing to the mix in the off-season at that time as well. Did my first triathon in 1981. Shortly after that it was full-on with triathlon ( and still nordic skiing in the "off season") until 1997, where I decided to "retire" from triathlon. Went back to just running for a few years, then around 2002, started to cycle only ( bad back was aggravated by running), and I also kept up the nordic skiing in the winter. 53 now. I don't really race anymore - jump in the odd club TT or road race sportif or Gran Fondo for fun.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next