Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rides in Grand Rapids?
Quote | Reply
I'll be in Grand Rapids for work Mon-Thur this week. Looking for either a good route or possibly a group ride. Looked on Strava and there's some routes to the SE in Forest Hills and the SW in Millennium Park. Ideally would like to find something I could ride to from downtown or a short drive. Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Rides in Grand Rapids? [zak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's this:

Grattan Race Series
Quote Reply
Re: Rides in Grand Rapids? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Millennium park is decent. Flat but good. I do my FTP testing on Indiana mounds. It's smooth and flat. You will have to drive if you want hills. How many miles you looking to ride?

Quote | Reply
Sounds like fun. How competitive is the B group? I've never done a crit before and wouldn't want to get in over my head or in anyone's way. I'm comfortable riding in a group, just haven't raced before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can hang with the B group, which would suggest it isn't terribly competitive (I rode 21.6 mph in a sprint tri last night.).

Not as dicey as a crit, if you're comfortable in a fast group ride, you should be fine. The B group is pretty accepting of newcomers. I'm driving a red Mini Cooper, stop by and say hi if you come out.
Quote Reply
Re: Rides in Grand Rapids? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wish this wasn't so far from my house (Hudsonville). I use to race bikes on that track. Miss those days and the insane speed.

Quote | Reply
Racing with the "B" group can be hazardous to your health.
Quote Reply
Re: Rides in Grand Rapids? [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Care to elaborate?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are lots of crashes with the "B" group.
Quote Reply