Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [Capt_Apollo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Capt_Apollo wrote:
also, i know that part of the reason the P2 is so inexpensive is that it's built with less-than-elite components.

that being said, i'm not happy with the front derailleur. when i shift into the big ring it won't click into place. i have to find the sweet spot where the chain won't rub on the derailleur.

is this something that is common with the bike/component? can i adjust it, or do i need to swap out the piece?

Its a "friction" shifter, it doesn't click into place. I actually like that I can trim it to be smooth no matter the front - rear chain ring I'm using.
(or at least mine is friction)
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [bikinmurray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny I am still using the stock 105 10Speed Ft Der with a 11 speed campy record indexed (3 clicks) shifter and I find it works fine, no dropped chains or need to trim the Ft Der too frequently.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [Capt_Apollo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The shifter is a Dura Ace model.
I've adjusted many 105 front derailleurs with minimal trim required from the shifter lever. There is a spot where the 7800 will click but I normally don't adjust it to go that far.
I don't know if the 7900 or later models have a index point like the 7800 does
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I got mine in 2014 and I love it. I put on a P2Max classic w/FSA TT rings and bought some older HED wheels on the forum for $700. The Felt Devox Bar I got on Ebay for $50, so ~$4000 total. It went 56min for 40k on 280w at the race pictured.
Last edited by: Louie Cayedito: Dec 29, 15 16:14
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [Louie Cayedito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine in 2015, added bento box, stages power meter, adamo tt saddle, Zipp 808s and I also run a Renn disc

Last edited by: zedzded: Jan 11, 16 22:43
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [bikinmurray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bikinmurray wrote:
Capt_Apollo wrote:
also, i know that part of the reason the P2 is so inexpensive is that it's built with less-than-elite components.

that being said, i'm not happy with the front derailleur. when i shift into the big ring it won't click into place. i have to find the sweet spot where the chain won't rub on the derailleur.

is this something that is common with the bike/component? can i adjust it, or do i need to swap out the piece?

Its a "friction" shifter, it doesn't click into place. I actually like that I can trim it to be smooth no matter the front - rear chain ring I'm using.
(or at least mine is friction)

since reading this, i've been doing it and finding my riding to be a little more flexible. it's like i have extra gears now.

Brooklyn Tri Dad
https://www.facebook.com/brooklyntridad/?ref=hl
http://brooklyntridad.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/BrooklynTriDad
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had my Cervelo P2 since October of '15 and have been really pleased. I've had a lot of fun riding it and making upgrades over time. Here is what I've done so far:
  • Flo 60/Disc with Conti GP 4000S II 23mm for racing or Mavic Cosmic Elite 30mm alloy wheels for training.
  • Profile Design Svet base bar
  • Rotor 3D 52/36 crankset
  • ISM Prologue
  • Ritchey 110mm -10 degree stem
  • XLab Delta 400 and Stealth Pocket 200

On the list of things to do next will be Tririg Omega brakes and eventually an upgrade to Ultegra or Force 11 speed drivetrain. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by: crujones#33: Jan 29, 16 20:51
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the way those Hed 6/9s look on there. Great looking bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it should be fine to post other than blue and white P2s here, this should be the official new P2 upgrade page. Post any new P2, I am interested in seeing more, regardless of color.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [Jmath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jmath wrote:
Anyone have a picture of a new P2 with flo wheels with blue stickers? How close are the blues?

Our blue will be a bit lighter. If you'd like to know the exact color, it's pantone is "Pantone Process Cyan PC".

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, picked up a Rotor 3D+, 53x39 from a friend of mine, cheap. His dad needed shorter arm length. I'm not a powerful rider, my Muncie 70.3 bike was 18.6 avg. Question is: I run a 52x36 now and have never run Oval rings. Is shifting an issue? Should I notice a negative effect? Can I switch to standard rings on that crank, say like SRAM rings? Thanks for any input. (oh, I'm running stock shifters)
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]

Love the P2. Flo 60/90
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in:

Picked it up today.

All you normal sized people should be grateful. You have no idea how hard it is to find a bike when you're 5'2".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2015 P2

Ultegra 6800 brakes
TRP carbon brake levers
Adamo ISM saddle
Rotor crank
3T Aura Pro basebar

Last edited by: dyi: Apr 7, 16 9:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: DFW_Tri: May 22, 16 18:22
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very sneaky routing, almost did not see it. would you mind posting more close ups of the stem area, maybe with a lighter background to make it easier to see stem cables? nice bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My 2015 p2 with stock everything other than seat. Bike is awesome but lately I've had to adjust FD more frequently
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [PacoExpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pics added
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, looks very nice and clean. I made holes on my torhans top tube box, and moved it forward, but not as much as yours. Im going to try to push it a bit more forward to make it look more flush, but I think I need the profile box because the torhans is too small, and the hole is almost at the edge of the box. I will post pics later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice setup! Did you cut in the plastic or just the rubber on the PD bento box?
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [RussTKD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll play too. Pretty much all components swapped out except the calipers. I have some magura rt6s which i'd love to put on but will have to forego them for the di2 brifters and maybe get a pair of tri rigs at some point

Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Realizing I'm late to this thread, but wondering how you've liked your FLO rear disc? I just bought at P2 and was thinking of adding the FLO rear disc. Generally, wondering how you like the rear disc and whether you think it's a durable wheel that also could be used some for training.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [pafori] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pafori wrote:
Realizing I'm late to this thread, but wondering how you've liked your FLO rear disc? I just bought at P2 and was thinking of adding the FLO rear disc. Generally, wondering how you like the rear disc and whether you think it's a durable wheel that also could be used some for training.

You can train on our FLO DISC. It wouldn't be my first go to wheel for everyday training but you definitely can put some miles on it. Also, our new hub design that we released in 2016 makes servicing the wheel and replacing spokes much easier.

I hope that helps.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [nathan.kiser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm reviving an old thread but I have a p2 and I'd like to upgrade the basebar and use center-pull brake. How did you do the center-pull with what looks like a profile design svet?
Quote Reply

Prev Next