Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How do you maintain nutrients in your smoothies? [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very helpful, thanks for this feedback.

ilikepizza wrote:
All quallitative reasons.
1. Peanut butter and other things you may need to scoop out with a spatula...less crap on hands digging in there. I make PB every week in it and love the wide container. Same goes for hummus.
2. Fits under counters. Never thought this was a big deal until I realized I use it 1-2x/day and its nice to have it there (+ the ego bumps from visitors noticing your blender)
3. backwards compatibility. The newer models will take either type of container, but the older models will not let the new wide containers fit on them. This is like Xbox360 being able to play regular Xbox games, but not the other way around. Future proof yourself a bit.
4. I dont know if there is a capacity difference, but I feel like I dont have to "add" ingredients much once its running...like ingredients just stuff in it nicely, hit the button, and ta-da.
5. newer ones with the wider containers have slightly more powerful motor (verify that). I also think all new models are all wide containers actually.

Don't think you can go wrong with any of their models, but knowing you might have it for 30yrs the dif between a $350 and $500 machine isn't that big of deal. Good luck, easily one of the best purchases I've made and I was skeptical going in.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you maintain nutrients in your smoothies? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1xatbandcamp wrote:
If you give yourself a smoothie enema it enhances your nutrient absorption.

A Piña Colonic? Sounds refreshing!
Quote Reply
Re: How do you maintain nutrients in your smoothies? [Swanson234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does adding water cause a lot of nutrient loss?

What about keeping it in a somewhat frozen slushie state?

So I should turn the light bulb off in my fridge because light causes nutrient loss in smoothies?

Should I cuddle with my smoothie at night and rock it to sleep?
Last edited by: Swanson234: Jul 15, 14 20:30
Quote Reply
Re: How do you maintain nutrients in your smoothies? [Swanson234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read that mixing milk and milk products (I.e. Yogurt) with blueberries kills the nutrients in blueberries (just google "milk blueberries"). Impairs the antioxidant properties apparently.

Will milk products mess up the nutrients in vegetables?

Any other things you shouldn't mix together that are commonly used in smoothies?
Last edited by: Swanson234: Jul 28, 14 10:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know us triathletes are Type A OCDs, but sweet jesus man, relax and enjoy your smoothies.

If blending/water/mixtures destroys nutrients, imagine what your stomach acid would do to it....

This might be up for the most ridiculous thread of the year... I think we have a new "my coach fired me" thread

Quote Reply
Re: How do you maintain nutrients in your smoothies? [RPMacDonald] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RPMacDonald wrote:
This might be up for the most ridiculous thread of the year... I think we have a new "my coach fired me" thread

X1000
Quote Reply
Re: How do you maintain nutrients in your smoothies? [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tovi wrote:
RPMacDonald wrote:

X1000

My guess is there are about 10000000000000000 pieces of lower hanging fruit in the OP's nutritional plan than preparation-induced degradation of nutritional value in their smoothie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swanson234 wrote:

So I should turn the light bulb off in my fridge because light causes nutrient loss in smoothies?

Since there is no pink text I am going to go at these 1 by 1. Just for shits n giggles.

1. No, it just waters it down. Duh

2. If it weren't in a slushie state it wouldn't be a smoothie it would be juice.

3. No, dumb ass, the light goes off when you shut the door. Did you honestly think the light stays on? Not that it would matter if it did.

4. Yes, preferably not in a cup of any sort. You can be the big spoon.

Ok I feel better now.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: How do you maintain nutrients in your smoothies? [RPMacDonald] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RPMacDonald wrote:
I know us triathletes are Type A OCDs, but sweet jesus man, relax and enjoy your smoothies.

If blending/water/mixtures destroys nutrients, imagine what your stomach acid would do to it....

I'm poor and would like to know if I'm wasting food/nutrients. I also eat 70% of daily meals via shake as I don't have time to cook. I milk your mother for the other 30%, I met her on tittymilkforcash.com.
Last edited by: Swanson234: Jul 28, 14 17:32
Quote Reply
Re: How do you maintain nutrients in your smoothies? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:

Since there is no pink text I am going to go at these 1 by 1. Just for shits n giggles.

2. If it weren't in a slushie state it wouldn't be a smoothie it would be juice.

3. No, dumb ass, the light goes off when you shut the door. Did you honestly think the light stays on? Not that it would matter if it did.

Ok I feel better now.

Lol but the light is on when the refrigerator is open....what do you mean it turns off. There must be a Santa.

Do black lights relax the nutrients inside smoothies more than bright lights? Is that what you re trying to tell me, that I should buy a black light?
Last edited by: Swanson234: Jul 28, 14 17:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swanson234 wrote:
warwicke36 wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:

Ok I feel better now.

Lol but the light is on when the refrigerator is open....what do you mean it turns off. There must be a Santa.

Do black lights relax the nutrients inside smoothies more than bright lights? Is that what you re trying to tell me, that I should buy a black light?

I assumed you were joking with this thread, I may have been wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've made far dumber threads and have dumber threads left in me. In fact I was thinking about making one called "How to determine the quality of your diet by the color/texture of your poo." You want me to make that thread? You need that thread in your life don't you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are you talking to yourself?

P.S. What's your max HR? Have your legs caught up to your heart yet?
Quote Reply
Re: How do you maintain nutrients in your smoothies? [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vitargo all the way
Quote Reply

Prev Next