Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Annual Lake Placid \ Mirror Lake Freak Out Thread: [mharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mharris wrote:
PlacidPirate wrote:
mharris wrote:
Swam it without a wetsuit Saturday and was chilled for an hour after getting out. Lifeguard said temp was 74F Don't know if this is valid, but my guess is wetsuit legal on race day.

I swam a loop in just a speedo yesterday and was fine...again as I mentioned it was just a shave under 76 at 5 in afternoon...
My guess reading right now is more like74....

Off topic but maybe you can inform. I swam the course counterclockwise Friday and almost had a 'head on'. Swam it clockwise Saturday and did! What's proper etiquette these days?

Proper etiquette? Swim the freekin course in training as you would the race . I thought this was a given? In all my years - 10 - training on it during race weekend I can't even recall seeing anyone swimming it clockwise. If that was me you collided with while you were swimming it clockwise I'd clean your clock

:)

Quote Reply
Re: Annual Lake Placid \ Mirror Lake Freak Out Thread: [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:

Proper etiquette? Swim the freekin course in training as you would the race . I thought this was a given? In all my years - 10 - training on it during race weekend I can't even recall seeing anyone swimming it clockwise. If that was me you collided with while you were swimming it clockwise I'd clean your clock

Actually you would be that guy twice over. Once for swimming the course the wrong direction as LP swim course was changed (last year I believe) to a two loop clockwise swim and then for punching the person who was actually following the course direction like the race.

I believe the change is the issues as those who have done the race previously have not checked the race site or just don't care.

http://www.ironman.com/...wim%202013%20tbt.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: Annual Lake Placid \ Mirror Lake Freak Out Thread: [Devlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct clockwise is the proper etiquette. Temperature last night at 8 was 72 at the end of the dock. Cold overnight. Beautiful morning but cold we're good to go.
In Reply To:

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Annual Lake Placid \ Mirror Lake Freak Out Thread: [Devlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlon wrote:
shady wrote:

Actually you would be that guy twice over. Once for swimming the course the wrong direction as LP swim course was changed (last year I believe) to a two loop clockwise swim and then for punching the person who was actually following the course direction like the race.

I believe the change is the issues as those who have done the race previously have not checked the race site or just don't care.

http://www.ironman.com/...wim%202013%20tbt.pdf

Yes My OP was written under assumption that swim loop was still counterclockwise on race day . Was not down there last year so had no idea they had changed it so thanks for bringing it to my attention
Although... I did write...'swim the course in training as you would the race' so got that part right. :) Now to familiarize myself with the actual course .. Haha

Now back to the weather. What's the latest folks??

Quote Reply
Re: Annual Lake Placid \ Mirror Lake Freak Out Thread: [mmyette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swam the loop this morning. Pockets of cool water in the lake. At the athlete briefing today at 2pm, they indicated the water temp was 67* and to "bring your wetsuits".
Quote Reply
Re: Annual Lake Placid \ Mirror Lake Freak Out Thread: [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
After the winter we've had no way in hell that water is anywhere near warm enough to ban the suits
Real question is will you be racing in rain all day similar to that shitshow 6 years ago .

Man, did that suck ass! I cannot believe the amount of water I dumped out of the race wheels and frame the next day. I was one of the few who wore sunglasses on the bike. Not sure how the hell the others could see. Hit 48 mph in the driving rain on the hills and honestly thought I was going to die.

Regarding water temp and wetsuit -- suck it up princesses! At least you don't have to deal with the snakes like we do for IMWI.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Annual Lake Placid \ Mirror Lake Freak Out Thread: [gnewton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow. i swam at noon, in a wetsuit, and it was pretty warm. i would have guessed 75 or more.

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Re: Annual Lake Placid \ Mirror Lake Freak Out Thread: [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georgereid wrote:
wow. i swam at noon, in a wetsuit, and it was pretty warm. i would have guessed 75 or more.

If it's warm enough to swim in Lake Champlain (and not in a shallow bay) without a wetsuit I suspect that swimming in Mirror Lake with a wetsuit is quite toasty...
Quote Reply
Re: Annual Lake Placid \ Mirror Lake Freak Out Thread: [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe there was full sun at noon and I'm sure you were feeling the effects of it beating down on you. Overnight low temperature tonight is upper 40's. No way it's heating up.
Quote Reply

Prev Next