Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries H20.. I was more venting on my personal frustrations with the shipping piece of running this business..painful to know that I pay more in shipping per month than in wages or benefits and we offer great wages and benefits..which, I believe, is how you get and retain great people...so there are a lot of nights where I sit thinking 'If I could get even half of Amazon's shipping discounted rate, which would cut my rate more than in half..I could hire an additional person AND reduce my shipping rates to my customers..

David,
Thanks a ton of the kind words on the CP1, great to hear you are happy! The 'Hiro' is really a special animal for a pretty rare user...mostly pro-mechanics and track racing, where you are inflating disc wheels every single day...though we also seem to have a lot of customers who are using it as the be-all/end-all solution for everything...which works too!

Best to you both
Josh

http://www.SILCA.cc
Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
http://www.marginalgainspodcast.cc
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [joshatsilca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely!

Hey - I need a new pump too (My kids left my old Silca at a race). We are a family of 5, with 12 bikes (I think, 5 mine) ranging from old mountains bike with strader values to 2 P3s and a P5. I'm waiting for you to give me the "go!"

Thanks,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got it... Our facebook friends and mailing list subscribers will get the info first..and at the moment, are getting sneak peeks every few days, so to be the first to know, like us or subscribe there..
Coming soon!!
J

http://www.SILCA.cc
Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
http://www.marginalgainspodcast.cc
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [willhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
willhs wrote:
I don't know if this is within the intended purposes of the Hiro, but I just got mine and hooked it up to a Craftsman cordless inflator, and I am never turning back. I already calibrated the Craftsman, and in short order I filled all my tires to a different desired pressure with no difficulty whatsoever. I'm a little sad that I'm out of tires to fill.

I'll second the reviewer that the quality is impeccable. It's absolutely a functional work of art. Thank you, Josh.

How did you do that? Did you cut the Schrader locking head off the stock Craftsman hose and replace it with the Silca thread-on Schrader chuck and the Hiro?
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered mine. I guess the wife will find out when the bill hits the credit card. :o(

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just attached it directly to the schrader on the craftsman. Sure, there is a 90 degree angle, but it isn't a problem at all... I kind of like it. And, I can use it easily to pump up my car tires. I think you could do it either way, but make sure you calibrate it. Mine is off by 2 PSI in terms of accuracy, but the precision is perfect (meaning, it's the same every time). So, I can always get the pressure I want without thinking about it, and the Hiro head is absolutely exceptional.
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a new crack pipe and am considering this as one of my options. I was curious how well this has held up so far for you. Any complaints or are you still in love with it?
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See TriRig's review on the updated model: http://www.tririg.com/...Silca_Hiro_v2_Review

If you only need a replacement crack pipe, then the updated Silca model is a huge improvement. It works without a second set of hands to hold it on the valve stem when pumping up the disc: http://silca.cc/...isc-wheel-mini-chuck
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't speak to the longeivty as I only finally picked one up in January, but oh my god this is one of those products that is everything they say it is. Makes our first world problems disappear. I no longer dread pumping up the Hed 3 :)
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Can't speak to the longeivty as I only finally picked one up in January, but oh my god this is one of those products that is everything they say it is. Makes our first world problems disappear. I no longer dread pumping up the Hed 3 :)

I like most new Silca products, but I thought this one was terrible. I pretty much gave it away in the classifieds.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 26, 16 15:40
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What didn't you like?

Works perfectly for me
Quote Reply
Re: REVIEW: New SILCA Locking Presta Valve Chuck [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
What didn't you like?

Works perfectly for me

It was too big for clunky easy use with my disc wheels. Very tight tolerance with the lever arm. Everything has to be done "just so." Adjustable gasket preload was finicky. It doesn't "just work" like the cheap head on a Giant pump.

The perfect product for me is the regular (new) Silca crack pipe. I can pump my disc wheels to full pressure with both hands on the pump. Much smaller and simpler.
Quote Reply

Prev Next