Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, from what I've gathered:

1. Redman is most likely based on all the rumors, but not officially announced as, the host of the USAT Nationals Long Course tri championship in 2015
  2. ITU Worlds short course is in Chicago on Sept 15-20, which would pull some of the fastest racers if the dates overlapped.
  3. You don't need to qualify for long course nationals, but placing top 20 (or so) will qualify you for 2016 long course worlds which is for sure being held at Redman 2016
  4. Worlds long course tri race distance is 4-kilometer swim, 120-kilometer bike, 30-kilometer run course

Some people don't like the idea of Redman hosting Nationals, but I would be thrilled because I'm in Dallas which means its an easy sell to go there for my wife as opposed to a cross country race.

think i covered it all
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [krull_etc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If USA triathlon has this information and is not posting it... it is really a slap to the groin to all of us who are trying to plan our 2015 schedule. I understand their lack of concern for WTC conflicts, but considering USAT is hosting the ITU Worlds in Chicago in 2015 and LC Worlds in OKC in 2016, they should really take this schedule more seriously. Are they trying to build suspense? If the rumors being spread by "reliable" individuals in OKC are true... why not freakin' announce the date already! Same is true for the 2015 AG Nationals in Milwaukee. (although I have no solid leads on that date... anyone?)
Last edited by: Wild Horse: Oct 16, 14 14:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
krull_etc wrote:
Well, from what I've gathered:

Some people don't like the idea of Redman hosting Nationals, but I would be thrilled because I'm in Dallas which means its an easy sell to go there for my wife as opposed to a cross country race.

think i covered it all

Ditto. Living in Southern Oklahoma this would be perfect for me too!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [EKH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone really want to go to Oklahoma two years in a row? And miss ITU in Chicago?
This would be great for the locals in Oklahoma, Texas, ect... Chases a lot of other folks away.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [Naps a lot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Naps a lot wrote:
Does anyone really want to go to Oklahoma two years in a row? And miss ITU in Chicago?
This would be great for the locals in Oklahoma, Texas, ect... Chases a lot of other folks away.

No, this is horrible planning.. Simply horrible.

The more I think about it, the more angry I get at USAT for choosing to double up OKC, and interfere with ITU Worlds.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
If I had to guess I would say it would be at Redman next year but again, that's only a guess.

I called it bitches!

http://www.usatriathlon.org/...l-championships.aspx

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...%20national;#5300693
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't recall anyone yet telling me, Redman Half, you gotta do that.

I enjoyed doing Nats at Grand Rapids, why not another year?

Also, Long Course Du in Fort Worth next yr in mid-Nov....I would never have guess that little Du race at the Texas Motor Speedway would get a Nationals for what its worth

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least it's a different weekend from ITU in Chicago... But rough planning if you are doing both.

mark
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the idea of a later LD race this year, as last year was a tough try for those of us up north. While I hear the GR race is awesome, early June is too damn cold! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
jaretj wrote:
If I had to guess I would say it would be at Redman next year but again, that's only a guess.

I called it bitches!

http://www.usatriathlon.org/...l-championships.aspx

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...%20national;#5300693

With all the input they just got, they moved the LC Nationals until after worlds, Sept 26th. How did they miss this to start with?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy, left hand doesn't talk to the right hand.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some miscellaneous questions:

Will the course be the previous years Redman half or are they going to come up with a new one?

Is it expected to be wetsuit legal?

Recommendations where to stay.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you happen to know if getting top 18(?) at the long course nationals not worlds qualifies you for team usa? Or do you only get to qualify for team usa nationals AFTER you get top 18 at worlds?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Bum wrote:
Some miscellaneous questions:

Will the course be the previous years Redman half or are they going to come up with a new one?

Is it expected to be wetsuit legal?

Recommendations where to stay.

Thanks.

I expect it to be the same course next year. Also, Redman has been wetsuit legal every year and it's going to be a week later next year so I don't see any reason it will not be wetsuit legal.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [EKH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any idea what US cities have bid for the 2016 USAT Long Course Triathlon Championship that will select Team USA qualifiers for the 2017 ITU World Long Course Triathlon Championship to be held in Penticton, Canada?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USAT indicated they will make the announcement after the Worlds n Chicago.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I look forward to that announcement.
Quote Reply

Prev Next