Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A Few Tips from Emilio on Triathlon Apparel, not just De Soto, but all brands. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big thumbs up for your products! I was recently racing in the De Soto Liftfoil Trisuit in the hot humid conditions of Kona- it was so comfortable and the cool black fabric did it's job in the Lava fields. In training swims with friends prior to the race there was a noticeable difference in speed of one-piece lift foil suit compared to their two pieces regular tri tops and shorts. As you mentioned- Trigeeks is an awesome store - they really care about customers!
Quote Reply
Re: A Few Tips from Emilio on Triathlon Apparel, not just De Soto, but all brands. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey emilio, I have heard the de soto arm coolers work quite well in the summer heat ? When they dry do they trap heat ? I have a hot 70.3 in summer this year and temps are traditionally around 40 degrees Celsius and prob more out on the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
Longer zippers begin to affect the comfort in that region when you are bent over on a bike.

The metal zipper stop at the bottom of my zipper on my Liftfoil is starting to wear away at the fabric a couple of inches below the zipper (due to rubbing whilst in the aero position). Has anyone else reported this?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question for Emilio.

Like many of us I use an adamo saddle. I tend to wear through the seams and then the fabric on my inner thigh where my leg rubs the tip of the saddle. This is just outside of the chamois. Not a complaint about your product, it holds up well, but eventually the saddle wins. I assume others have the same issue. Solutions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
Nice.

Question on Riviera Tri Jersey (short sleeve). This thread had me wander too your site and I ended up purchasing Riviera Tri Jersey. I received it today. Is it suppose to fit so compressed? I'm 6'1" with a 41 chest, thus fit in the large category. This baby is very compressed, especially compared to 2XU or my Zoot top. Compliments my tri bibs great though. :)

Quote | Reply
Thanks for buying our product. The Riviera Tri Jersey's both the sleeved and sleeveless are supposed to be snug and to fit more like a tri jersey than a bike jersey. Read my tips above, especially the part about:

the tightest it will ever be is the first time you put it on. All De Soto garments will work better if it is worn a bit too snug rather than a bit too loose.

Trust me on this one. You will enjoy it once you get used to the fact that it is that way. It will feel like a cycling skin suit when you ride in it.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello again Emilio!
Im doing an IM-distance race the this saturday and will be using my 2012 Forza trisuit. Do you know if works to swim in without a wetsuit? Thinking if the backpockets will catch water? I will try it out myself later i the pool, just wanted to know your opinion.
The reason I ask is because the temperature is really high and the swim is in a small lake. I dont know how high the watertemp might become, just want to be prepared if I cant use my wetsuit.
Regard Patrik.
Quote Reply
Re: A Few Tips from Emilio on Triathlon Apparel, not just De Soto, but all brands. [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried to swim in the suit amd couldnt detect any issues with the pockets.
Quote Reply
Re: A Few Tips from Emilio on Triathlon Apparel, not just De Soto, but all brands. [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just ordered the 400 mile shorts and got an email saying its back ordered till mid august? its june now and i had to wait 2 months?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Own tri suit and T1 wetsuit! great products and performs well. No complaints here.
Quote Reply
Re: A Few Tips from Emilio on Triathlon Apparel, not just De Soto, but all brands. [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being in South Texas I can say the skin cooler products do not trap heat, even on the run. They are a life saver, and skin saver. I have found that the more I keep them wet the cooler temps radiate from your body.
In matter of fact, it is time to order some more wings. My wings have turned yellow.
Quote Reply

Prev Next