Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: cyclist shot during race - british columbia, canada [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rambler wrote:
A guy in a pickup gave me and my bike a ride home when I broke my chain and didn't have a chain-tool. What a dick!

And your point is?

edit: Sorry, my bad, haven't followed the discussion in a while. Sorry
Last edited by: playmobil31: Jul 29, 14 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: cyclist shot during race - british columbia, canada [playmobil31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The point is that people shouldn't be categorically hatin' on pickup drivers.
Quote Reply
Re: cyclist shot during race - british columbia, canada [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rambler wrote:

I edited my post. Sorry, for the confusion. I should take a nap...
Quote Reply
Re: cyclist shot during race - british columbia, canada [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only 3 issues here in central Florida.
1. 2 guys in a truck yelled at my running partner and myself to f*ck off while buzzing us.
2. Guy in diesel truck revved engine attempting to blow black smoke over me while running.
3. My running partner had gatorade knocked out of hand while we were running, old lady in small car.

66% guys in trucks.

I am the owner of a dodge 2500 diesel truck and I have to admit I have never buzzed anybody. Whoa, that feels good to get off my chest.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: cyclist shot during race - british columbia, canada [Rest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rest wrote:
its ALWAYS a guy in a truck...

For me it's a blonde in a Mercedes convertible...pulls up along the side....flashes me a nipple....I hate that guy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rambler wrote:

Agreed.

Every person who's shot at me (yes, it happened) or has tried to run me off the road has been in a pickup or a SUV. That however does not translate to every person in a pickup or SUV wanting to shoot at me or run me off the road. There are a small number who give the rest a bad name....kinda like cyclists.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: cyclist shot during race - british columbia, canada [trihard4me] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So right after you get run over, you would shoot a truck?
With a .22?

That's funny.
Made my day.
Quote Reply
Re: cyclist shot during race - british columbia, canada [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:
hullcb wrote:
Not weird at all... Kinda weird this whole turtle/car thing comes up in this thread. That very thing happened on my way home from work last night. I passed a turtle in the middle of the road, turned around (in my truck), and moved it off the road. I'll also throw out the the last two times I've been changing a tube on the side of the road, I was offered help by someone in a truck both times.

see... Not everything is all bad. Having flats is no fun mind you, but, what easier vehicle to haul a broken bike than in a pick up??? (if needed). anyway...

True enough. Last time I had a flat w/out a spare on me, I got a ride back to my vehicle (a pickup, it must be noted) from another couple in a pickup... 'course it was a dinky old 2wd Datsun or Toyota, not a 'REAL' truck with the oversize lift+tires, gun rack, NRA/Confederate flag/Skin/Tapout (choose any 2) decals, etc. ~ have had several of those dickheads flip me off for no reason other than looking like a cyclist, throw beer bottles at me, and so on.
Last edited by: OneGoodLeg: Jul 30, 14 9:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow!

Hope he has a full recovery. Was he drafting? Cause if so, the RCMP may find some good leads on this forum ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: cyclist shot during race - british columbia, canada [Lowflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was in the lead and about 20 minutes ahead of the closest group. It was that group that found him and called for help.

I hope they find who did this and are appropriately punished. Someone was lying in wait for the riders to come and get picked off in the dark. That area is a particularly bad one for bored rednecks with too much time and ammo on their hands.

I wish the rider a speedy recovery and return to work.
Quote Reply

Prev Next