Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

can you put a 9 speed cassette on a 8 speed specialized trispoke?
Quote | Reply
does anyone know if can you put a 9 speed hub on the old 8 speed dupont trispoke with silver specialized decals ? the drive train with it now is the 105/600 shimano SG series
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Apr 24, 14 12:44
Quote Reply
Re: can you put a 9 speed hub on a 8 speed specialized trispoke? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not familiar with this particular wheel but I can interchange 8 and 9 speed on my wheels so I'm pretty sure the width is the same.

If it's really old it could be an 8 speed freewheel (which screws on to the hub) and would not be compatible.
Quote Reply
Re: can you put a 9 speed cassette on a 8 speed specialized trispoke? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can.

It has the same cassette body as 99% of 8/9/10-speed shimano compatible rear wheels (which can fit 8-speed, 9-speed, and 10-speed shimano or sram cassettes).

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Apr 24, 14 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: can you put a 9 speed cassette on a 8 speed specialized trispoke? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
does anyone know if can you put a 9 speed hub on the old 8 speed dupont trispoke with silver specialized decals ? the drive train with it now is the 105/600 shimano SG series

Yes, unless you have an 8 speed FREEWHEEL on the TriSpoke.

9 and 10 speed cassettes will fit on the freehub if it is indeed a cassette bodied version.

You could even run 11 speed cassettes and shifters although you'd need to only install 10 of the 11 cogs and use the limit screws of the derailleur to prevent the last shift from engaging.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: can you put a 9 speed cassette on a 8 speed specialized trispoke? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The early models had a screw on freehub, that can't be upgraded. Everything else has a freehub, that can be upgraded.

Quote Reply