I have these 3 options...

Trek Speed Concept 9.8 - SRAM FORCE 2011, 8.5/10 for US$ 3,000
Shiv TT 2013 - ULTEGRA, 9/10 for US$ 3,000
New Cervelo P3 ULTEGRA, NEW, for US$ 3,950

I will appreciate any comment that would help me to decide

thanks
Last edited by: xtianspuma: Apr 24, 14 8:38
Quote Reply
Re: Can you help me to decided between these 3 bikes [xtianspuma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first comment: buy the one that fits.

Second comment: If the trek fits, they did an awesome job with integrating the storage. If you're a long course athlete, that bike rocks in my opinion. The new P3 is pretty ridiculous to and I believe it's a little easier to work on with the exposed brakes and such. If you're a short-course athlete, I'd vote P3. Just my two cents.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you help me to decided between these 3 bikes [xtianspuma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The standard answer is the bike that fits you best.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you help me to decided between these 3 bikes [IronDadTony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronDadTony wrote:
My first comment: buy the one that fits.

Second comment: If the trek fits, they did an awesome job with integrating the storage. If you're a long course athlete, that bike rocks in my opinion. The new P3 is pretty ridiculous to and I believe it's a little easier to work on with the exposed brakes and such. If you're a short-course athlete, I'd vote P3. Just my two cents.

Thank you, and yes, I am a long course athlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My vote is the new P3, as it's the fastest bike listed. Your position would greatly affect this though, so I'd only go this direction if you can make it fit - and you probably can.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you help me to decided between these 3 bikes [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
My vote is the new P3, as it's the fastest bike listed. Your position would greatly affect this though, so I'd only go this direction if you can make it fit - and you probably can.

Thank you, but do you think the cost (+US$ 950) its worth it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd vote for the SC. Yes, the brakes can be a bit of a hassle but the integrated storage is fantastic. IMO, it's the fastest bike of the three.

The P2 is quick enough as is. Your money might be better spent on faster wheels, rubber, cockpit, wind tunnel time, or a combination.... or a new paint scheme. I've read that sweet paint is good for 30secs over a 40k tt :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd get the SC with a Power Meter withthe savings and you'll likely be on your way to optimal training/racing setup.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtianspuma wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

If I am spending your money, heck yes it is worth it!

If I'm spending my money, I'm upgrading the P2 to make it faster than any of those 3 bikes listed, for half the cost.
Last edited by: nickwhite: Apr 24, 14 10:49
Quote Reply
Re: Can you help me to decided between these 3 bikes [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
none.
build your own with a NICE custom frame.
or get a fuji norcom straght or a D6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you're "upgrading" from a really nice bike, I assume cost isn't an issue. I'd get the new P3. I prefer Ultegra over Sram and I'm not a fan of the Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you help me to decided between these 3 bikes [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:
Since you're "upgrading" from a really nice bike, I assume cost isn't an issue. I'd get the new P3. I prefer Ultegra over Sram and I'm not a fan of the Shiv.

And how would you do that, I mean, I live in Peru (South America) and it's very difficult to buy components,

Wheels: Cane Creek 60mm with Zipp Tubulars
HEADSET FSA IS-3
SEATPOST Cervélo Aero TT - Two Position
FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra 6700
REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano 105
CRANKSET FSA Gossamer (50/34)
BOTTOM BRACKET FSA Mega EXO
BRAKE CALIPERS FSA Gossamer Pro
BAR END SHIFTERS Shimano Dura-Ace 7900
CASSETTE Shimano 105
AEORBARS 3T AURA PRO with alloy extensions

What can I upgrade, I make my bike faster than any of the 3 bikes i mentioned before
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
xtianspuma wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

If I'm spending my money, I'm upgrading the P2 to make it faster than any of those 3 bikes listed, for half the cost.

And how would you do that, I mean, I live in Peru (South America) and it's very difficult to buy components, but I will find them

HEADSET FSA IS-3
CASSETTE Shimano 105

What can I upgrade, I make my bike faster than any of the 3 bikes i mentioned before
Last edited by: xtianspuma: Apr 24, 14 11:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtianspuma wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
xtianspuma wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

And how would you do that, I mean, I live in Peru (South America) and it's very difficult to buy components, but I will find them

HEADSET FSA IS-3
CASSETTE Shimano 105

Zipp 808 carbon clinchers, or FLO front wheel and FLO disc rear wheel for less $$.
Your aerobar is not too bad, but a used Ventus or Tririg bar would be a bit faster. Get a super clean front-end.
Better tires.
Omega front brake.

Do that, and your P2 will be faster (or at least as fast) as the 3 new bikes you have listed.

But before any of that crap, get a powermeter.
Quote Reply