Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [StuckJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
best sign - "your taint is going to hate you tomorrow"

started puking uncontrollably at mile 10 for no reason and continued through the finish

i have never heard so many people say that they were done with IM's or taking a long break...really kind of surprising
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gandalf wrote:
Maybe I've been away too long, but it seems that the quality of the signs and placards on the run course has reached a whole new level. Some them, and the festivities on the river walk certainly helped me through a very difficult run. Here's a few that cheered me up a bit. And, the thought was constantly in my mind that the reason this race is on Saturday instead of Sunday is so that they roads are free for these very same people to get to Church.

"If it was easy, it would be called Crossfit"
"If it was easy, it would be called "Your Mom"
What will you tell your mom if you quit?
It's not sweat, it's liquid awesomeness

Signs held up by various women
"Hey, you look like you have stamina, give me a call #phonenumber" .
"Single and supportive, call me #phonenumber"
"Fancy a tri threessome?

No time for Walken. (with picture of Christopher Walken)
Pump it up, Pump it up (with picture of Zach Galifinakis) (some explain that one to me please)
Hurry up, I could have signed up for Obamacare in less time.

How about the dude on a podium offering swim lessons on the road to the swim start.

Feel free to add anymore that you liked

Glad you enjoyed some of my signs (swim shops). I was the bearded gentlemen banging on a trash can with our South Coast crew at Hippie Hollow. Already working some new ones for next year...

Badig| Strava

Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [tjfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tjfry wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Maybe I've been away too long, but it seems that the quality of the signs and placards on the run course has reached a whole new level. Some them, and the festivities on the river walk certainly helped me through a very difficult run. Here's a few that cheered me up a bit. And, the thought was constantly in my mind that the reason this race is on Saturday instead of Sunday is so that they roads are free for these very same people to get to Church.

"Fancy a tri threessome?

Pump it up, Pump it up (with picture of Zach Galifinakis) (some explain that one to me please)

How about the dude on a podium offering swim lessons on the road to the swim start.

Glad you enjoyed some of my signs (swim shops). I was the bearded gentlemen banging on a trash can with our South Coast crew at Hippie Hollow. Already working some new ones for next year...

You guys cracked me up. Next year, I am putting my Bose Noise cancellation $400 headphones in my run special needs bag to get through your gauntlet without my head exploding from post concussion symptoms. Your aid station is awesome....if I was cranky, give me a pass....truly speaking, one of the last things that clears up after a traumatic head injury is sensitivity to loud noises....but in a twisted way at mile 22, I knew I was gonna go through your gauntlet again and it got me energized for the last stretch...well done guys. Many thanks!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tjfry wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

"Fancy a tri threessome?

Yeah, TJ you guys totally raised the bar at a race where running along the Waterway is something that has to be experienced. My other two favorites on the SwimShops signs were:

"Your at Mile 13, congratulations the race has just started" (or something like that).
"Puke and Rally"

Awesome local support both from the families, local spectators that just like to come watch the event, and the tri community.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I high fived the guy with the "present." Helped power me through he 3rd lap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you enjoyed some of my signs (swim shops). I was the bearded gentlemen banging on a trash can with our South Coast crew at Hippie Hollow. Already working some new ones for next year...[/quote]
You've got great rhythm on that "steel drum" Tj, thanks for the support out there and all of the awesome signs.

"Hurry up, your friends are waiting on you!"
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [jaytreuting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trashcan guy was awesome, as was the swimsuit crew right after the first aid station! Dick-in-a-box guy also made me laugh in times of pain. My two favorite signs were the chick with the sign that said "I'll be naked on your next loop!" and the one nailed to the tree (sign, not chick) that just said, "Don't Suck!" I saw that one at a time when I needed to hear that the most.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [ComidaDeluxe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The crew right before special needs was pretty solid as well.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [ComidaDeluxe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Don't suck" was the only sign I ever needed during that race. Too bad I had a bit of a sucky performance, but that sign made me want to pick it up.

I was thoroughly impressed with IMTX and will plan on racing it again someday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tj I was out on the course longer than I had expected or planned and I was going through some moments where I thought I probably should just throw in the towel. I will say however that going through the section of course where you all were at was awesome and helped pick me up. Being said that I was on the run course for so long, I have no idea how you kept that level of enthusiasm for so long. A big thanks for sticking around for those of us that brought up the rear of the race.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [bricklayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bricklayer wrote:
Tj I was out on the course longer than I had expected or planned and I was going through some moments where I thought I probably should just throw in the towel. I will say however that going through the section of course where you all were at was awesome and helped pick me up. Being said that I was on the run course for so long, I have no idea how you kept that level of enthusiasm for so long. A big thanks for sticking around for those of us that brought up the rear of the race.

Well, I'd be lying if I said that the beer and red bull (not together) didn't help matters, but we had a good group out there and were having lots of fun, so we stayed til the dirty end. Just wait til next year...

Badig| Strava

Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the "don't suck" sign had been closer to the finish I would have been really tempted to grab it and run through the finish line holding it up. I loved it.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the support out there was great! The posters were really good, the cheering sections made me smile, and the fans and family were having fun. The volunteers made this race run smooth and really worked their tails off. Kudos.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [eleuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eleuck wrote:

Gutsy. I wasn't touching that guy!

Agree the support was awesome and some pretty creative signs. The Woodlands is a cool place.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [tricuz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tricuz wrote:
eleuck wrote:

Gutsy. I wasn't touching that guy!

Agree the support was awesome and some pretty creative signs. The Woodlands is a cool place.

did any of you see at least two different athletes on the side of the road (early on) asking for spare tires/tubes etc? i didn't understand how that could happen so early in the race. did they just not carry a flat kit? i couldn't risk giving mine up that early knowing that we had some rough roads ahead. i thought about it a little later on the ride and decided they had decided not to bring extra tubes/cartridges. thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is a video of the finish line starting at 12:24 at the live coverage section @ ironman.com
Any idea on where can I find the video showing earlier finish times?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tjfry - Thank you for banging on the drums and whole routine. Signs were hilarious. Yours and the group of younger cute girls blasting pop hip hop were such a great distraction. Definitely pumped me up at some low points!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tjfry wrote:
bricklayer wrote:

Well, I'd be lying if I said that the beer and red bull (not together) didn't help matters, but we had a good group out there and were having lots of fun, so we stayed til the dirty end. Just wait til next year...

HAHA! I learned my lesson this year and probably won't be racing IMTX again. I'm just not a warm weather racer. Maybe I'll come drink some beer and bang on a trash can though!
Quote Reply

Prev Next