Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim Conversion - Yards to Meters and vice versa
Quote | Reply
Found this conversion tool...and with my pool having just switched to long course, I found it helpful since I am more familiar with short course times. Thought others might find it helpful.

http://www.stanback.net/...imes-conversion.html
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Conversion - Yards to Meters and vice versa [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah the 1.093 doesn't remotely convert 50 yards to 50 LCM.

I put a couple of times into the converter and would say it is a LITTLE fast on the LCM side. I might liken it to a Marathon run predictor. The conversion is most accurate if you are trained and accustomed to LCM.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Conversion - Yards to Meters and vice versa [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The converter assumes that everyone has a "swimmer" quality turn. This will not be the case for many people. My LCM times would be considerably faster than the converter predicts and I do have "swimmer" quality turns (or a least 1988 "swimmer" quality turns).
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Conversion - Yards to Meters and vice versa [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems pretty good to me. i always said 7 to 7.5 secondes from SCY to SCM and about 2 more seconds for long course meters

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply