Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody ridden 25c in New Hampshire?
Quote | Reply
Mapping some ride options for this weekend, wondering if anyone knows what 25c is like between route 10 and 118?

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4527206

Quote | Reply
use that little yellow guy in the upper left corner. Drag and drop him anywhere on the road and get a 360 degree picture from Google.

Powered by Dalzell Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody ridden 25c in New Hampshire? [snackchair] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ridden it a lot of times but not this year - great ride. Hills obviously. The roads in NH are really bad after this winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody ridden 25c in New Hampshire? [jsiege11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gee thanks

Quote | Reply
Thanks! Yeah I figured as much. Some roads tend to be more horrendous than others, so just wanted to make sure it was worth checking out.

Quote | Reply
I am thinking about doing the Kank on the first weekend of the May hoping its worth it. Let me know what the roads are like up there if you go this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody ridden 25c in New Hampshire? [yorkcb7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The annual gran tour from Rhino bikes in Plymouth is May 18. 4 Notches 120 miles, free, loosely organized and sagged.

Or you can pay $150 and do the white mountain gran fondo and only do 100 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
25c is a fantastic ride. Generally the road is in pretty good shape (well, for around here, anyway). Descending into Warren (10 to 118 direction) can be sketchy, but looks like you're going the other way around which should be a bit nicer.

There are some other fantastic roads in that area if you've got the time. Indian Pond Road to Archertown is a classic, although I'd recommend a road bike over tri bike for that adventure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kanc Is awesone... i did it last year and will again multiple times this year. I live in Maine so it's a and hour and 15 minute drive and worth it. The road isn't in the best condition. .. and people drive pretty fast (too fast) but it's worth it.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dunno, but falling waters trail.... lincoln, Lafayette, little haystack, and garfield are a great day hike. Great views of where the man in the mountain once was.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody ridden 25c in New Hampshire? [scottm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! I rode part of Archertown when I was up there for the Fairlee tri last summer, but I'll have check out Indian Pond as well next time. Thanks again for the info.

Quote | Reply
do any of you guys have routes that you can post? i am trying to get up there May as well. jsut very unsure of the roads and what is dirt/gravel and what is pavement.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody ridden 25c in New Hampshire? [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a few:
http://www.strava.com/activities/60444938
http://www.strava.com/activities/57466894 (pushing limits of what I can ride on a road bike)
http://www.strava.com/activities/51187376 (lost GPS for about half the ride)

Some dirt, some pavement.

Many of the dirt roads around here are nicer than the pavement. Nicer surface, better views, more climbs. What's not to love?

25, 25A, and 25C are all great rides. 118 over Moosilauke is not in good shape. Still a fantastic climb, but I wouldn't push the descent.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great thanks! I only have a tri bike...should be alright to ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody ridden 25c in New Hampshire? [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the quality of 25c right now but 25A between Orford to just past Lower Baker Pond is terrible with cracks and frost heaves right now. Driving it all winter has been bad enough so I'm waiting a bit longer to ride it. Route 10 is in decent condition.
FYI Indian Pond Road from Archertown is all dirt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you end up riding up in NH this past weekend? I am thinking about the kancamangus highway loop and wanted to know how the roads were up there now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scottm wrote:

118 over Moosilauke is not in good shape. Still a fantastic climb, but I wouldn't push the descent.

Gonzo Pass, been too long since I rode that.

Contemplating a multi-sport comeback
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No - the weather was too crappy. Ended up on the trainer at home both days.

As of last fall I thought the Kanc and Bear Notch were in great shape, so I can't imagine they got too bad over the winter.