Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kinvara 5 [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
afurlong wrote:
sorry for hijacking, but if i wanted to try some zoot shoes, and am generally happy with kinvara (my rankings would be 2 > 4 > 3) and the a6 (with very limited miles), what would you suggest?

Haha, you beat me to this question by a couple hours. Just ordered 2 more pairs of 4's on sale and a pair of Virrata 2s at REI (yay dividend), but re-lacing, and drilling holes in the soles are not things I love to do.

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Re: Kinvara 5 [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
nhoya wrote:
I cannot comment on the ripping on the upper, because I see people ripping through shoes no matter what the material is.

If you are anything to do with Saucony you really should comment because that is 100% a design flaw on Kinvara's. Same place on so many pairs, my wives lasted under 80km before the tear started. It does't make too much difference to be honest but ....

If you aren't anything to do with Saucony then .... sit back and relax :)

I agree. Saucony on the A6 and Kinvara seems to like using a slightly narrow toe box. Maybe elite runners tend to have skinny feet at the toes? Of course 95% of these shoes will be purchased by folks that can't run under 3:30 for a marathon or 1:40 for a 1/2.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kinvara 5 [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM me, too, please? I was really interested in the Ali'i 6s you reviewed before, but ramp height was a bit much for me.

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Re: Kinvara 5 [yournotunique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the PM --

Hey, didn't want to take away from kinvara and talk zoot on the thread.

Honestly, for training runs and long distance run races, nothing matches kinvara. Not yet at least. There is a new zoot shoe coming out in July that is suppose to rival the kinvara or possibly be better.

For Tri racing, I use the zoot ultra kiawe 2. It's equal in all regards to the Saucony A5, it's better by adding the sock liner!! Fantastic shoe for sockless for sprint all the way to half IM.

The zoot ultra race is a very good long distance Tri shoe, but I think the kinvara is still better, especially for training. Race day it would really be a hard decision because of the boa laces, which are REALLY nice when the feet swell. But I'm holding out for the new zoot ali'i 14 or the new run specific shoe zoot has coming out in July.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a new thread for that discussion. It's REALLY long.

I might be kicked off the Zoot team after this though....

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ew;do=post_view#last
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the thing that mainly has me interested in the Zoots, the sock liner for sockless racing. I've used kinvara's for everything up to 70.3, but switched to the Virrata for sprint/oly last year. Neither are great sockless. Not awful, but if the tongue folds a touch or something like that, then I wind up blistered/bleeding.

--
--
Quote Reply
Re: Kinvara 5 [yournotunique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree. Although I have lost a sock or 2 in the woods on a run and made it back without too much damage, but I would never start a run in kinvaras without them.

Try the Ultra Kiawe and Ultra Race 4. Ultra Kiawe is less cushioning than Kinvara, but still good for up to HIM.
Quote Reply

Prev Next