Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri bibs
Quote | Reply
Hi everone,

Been interested in trying out tri bibs for training days. As of now I've found the Castelli Free Tri bibs and DeSoto Riviera Tri bib.

Anyone used any of these two?
Any others out there on the market?

Thanks for any comments you may have.

PS.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bibs [pabloserp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've only used the DeSoto. I like them enough to not feel a need to try any others.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bibs [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
I've only used the DeSoto. I like them enough to not feel a need to try any others.

This. I also train in them if they're on the top of the pile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did 60 today in the DeSoto's and never noticed them....best thing you can say about any piece of kit. I do like the extra pockets on the legs and back for stuff like gels.

I will say this, though - they fit tight. I am 5'9" and 152 (for now) and was securely in the Medium according to DeSoto. They are like compression shorts. First few times putting them on was like trying to get into a wetsuit. I also noticed that my HR was about 5-7 BPM higher than them last year for a given power output. Have no idea if that was because of their tightness or what, but it was extremely consistent across multiple rides.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why Tri bibs?

For racing - Either you're in a two piece for bathroom breaks or one piece for speed/avoiding Tri stamp sunburn.

For training - I like bike bibs and will just run in those.

Don't see the need for Tri specific bibs but they seem to be getting popular

Sorry if I hijack your thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pabloserp wrote:
Hi everone,

Been interested in trying out tri bibs for training days. As of now I've found the Castelli Free Tri bibs and DeSoto Riviera Tri bib.

Anyone used any of these two?
Any others out there on the market?

Thanks for any comments you may have.

PS.

Can't go wrong with De Soto, your satisfaction is literally guaranteed.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for DeSoto. I generally train in the 400mi bike bibs but I've trained in the tri bibs too. I do all my racing in the tri bibs up to IM's.

BTW the pad on the DeSoto Riviera Tri bib is really a nice.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Apr 20, 14 20:29
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bibs [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For this guy: Tri bibs work better than the biking bibs in the aero position. There is too much padding in the biking bibs for comfortable running which means attempts at brick workouts will not be satisfying unless one wants to change into running shorts after the bike portion. I haven't worn my tri bibs for racing-yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt that I will ever switch away from the Castelli Free tri bib. For me, the pad is better than any of the DeSoto pads. My only wish is that they had leg pockets like the DeSoto bibs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks considering De Soto. We make two kinds of TriBibs.

Forza Bibbed Trishort, which has a thin fleece pad, pockets and made of Forza Compressor fabric with 3 inch leg bands.

Riviera TriBib, which has our New Patented 7 mm Ceramico Integrated pad. You may find the padding of the De Soto Riviera Tri Bibs is more of what you are looking for if what you want is more padding, but you still want to be able to swim and run in them without them feeling like a diaper.

Forza Bibbed Trishort,

Riviera TriBib:

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bibs [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eh, thanks for the reminder Emilio....I have the Forza tr-bib shorts, not the Riviera.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bibs [jw76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have only tried the De Soto Forza Bibbed Tri Short with a fleece pad, you may want to consider that our Riviera Tribib has padding like nothing you have ever seen before.
Click here for details:

DE SOTO CERAMICO PAD - PATENT PENDING No. 72551-20001.00

Click here for details:

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio,

Thank you very much for the feedback, I did not know the difference between the two.

I am very interested in the more padded model for long training rides (cycling bibs don't feel as comfortable on a TT position for me).

If you don't mind me asking on here, how is your exchange policy? Curious as I've found different sizes fit me better for different brands.

Thanks for any input!

PS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to personally invite you to try the product and form your own opinion. Please read our guarantee below let me know if I can help you in getting properly sized.

100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

De Soto Sport offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on anything you buy from our website. If one of our products does not perform to your expectations within 30 days of the purchase date, return it for a replacement, or a refund. Anything you buy from one of our authorized retailers is guaranteed through the retailer. All exchanges and refunds must be done through the retailer. Their policy may be different so please ask before purchasing.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i did ironman florida in forza tri bibs with the fleece pad, was fine!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does De Soto have specific Tri-suits for intense heat and humidity? What do you recommend?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bibs [Trentw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trentw wrote:
Does De Soto have specific Tri-suits for intense heat and humidity? What do you recommend?

Why yes we do. In fact we were the first triathlon company to address heat and humidity issues with our Skin Cooler fibers and fabrics. Do not be deceived. Simply because a garment is white does not make it Skin Cooler™! It is time for us to redefine and make clear what makes Skin Cooler™ so unique. Since 2004, when we invented Arm Coolers, we have been telling this story, but in different words. While the rest of the world has been trying to wick moisture away from your body, we have not. WE WANT TO KEEP YOU WET like a tropical rain on a hot sunny afternoon, like the sprinklers on your lawn when you were a child, like the cool misty sea spray of a wave on warm San Diego day at the beach. Skin Cooler fabrics are designed by De Soto to cool you in hot weather. As you sweat, the special moisture-radiating composition actually offers a cooling effect by dissipating the moisture through channels to the outside of the fabric and just the slightest breeze will cool you down. The fabric will be wet, yet you will be cool.

If you click here you will see all the garments we make with Skincooler, but my personal favorite is the 2014 Skin Cooler Longsleeve Top with Ice Pockets

If you are looking for a trisuit, this is the best for the heat. Its protects very well from the sun while keeping you cool. It is the
2014 Forza Trisuit with Integrated 4mm Ceramico™ Pad

If you have any other questions let me know.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bibs [Trentw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have last year's version of the white Forza Trisuit and it served me very well in the heat of central Texas. I'd get this year's version without hesitation if I didn't have a team kit this year.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Thank you for the response. I apologize for not spotting this on your website. I must have glanced over it. I want to order all the gear you mentioned. It gets super hot in South Texas. I may not be able to do it all at once, but I will start today! Thanks. Trent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the bibs fairly streamlined for swimming? I'm thinking of using them on the swim of an IM, then just throwing a top over them that has pockets for my nutrition and other items.

Emilio wrote:
Thanks considering De Soto. We make two kinds of TriBibs.

Forza Bibbed Trishort, which has a thin fleece pad, pockets and made of Forza Compressor fabric with 3 inch leg bands.

Riviera TriBib, which has our New Patented 7 mm Ceramico Integrated pad. You may find the padding of the De Soto Riviera Tri Bibs is more of what you are looking for if what you want is more padding, but you still want to be able to swim and run in them without them feeling like a diaper.

Forza Bibbed Trishort,

Riviera TriBib:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Forza bib and they are fantastic. They do fit tighter as previously mentioned, but they have been great so far for me. I have only done two sprints in them so far, but have a 70.3 coming up. They are extremely comfortable.
Quote Reply