Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Posting for a Friend: blister on toe on runs greater than 4 miles
Quote | Reply
My friend is active duty in Korea, and doesn't have access to a running store, but if he runs greater than 4 miles he gets a blister on his center toe. He has been battling this for a while, during that time, he has changed shoe sizes from 13 to 14 and that helped some but didn't solve the issue. He has tried several dry fit sock brands and that didn't help much either. Other than a band aid on his toe, thoughts?

Yup, he has some ugly feet... Smile

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Last edited by: nebmot: Apr 20, 14 20:48
Quote Reply
Re: Posing for a Friend: blister on toe on runs greater than 4 miles [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is that he is rolling on the outside of his foot, probably on push-off, but maybe on landing. So the blister is actually being caused by the second smallest toe. Assuming.... I'm right, tell him to concentrate on keeping his ankle and foot stable.
Quote Reply
Re: Posing for a Friend: blister on toe on runs greater than 4 miles [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think hobbits are supposed to run...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This stuff inside the sock.

http://www.amazon.com/2Toms-Blister-Shield-Shaker-Ounce/dp/B001FPYL8G

and/or this stuff on the toes.

http://www.amazon.com/TRISLIDE-Anti-Chafe-Continuous-Spray-Lubricant/dp/B0017I532E/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1398043456&sr=1-1&keywords=tri+slide

and tighter socks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wright Socks. My wife has very tender feet and would suffer from blisters from nothing more than casual walking for an extended period. These socks completely rectified that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-- Shoes with a wider toe box
-- Toe Socks (my husband swears by these)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would agree with toe socks or tighter socks. If he doesn't have access to these, he may want to try a cut up sock woven tightly between the toes? Toe socks worked for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Posting for a Friend: blister on toe on runs greater than 4 miles [ctduncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I talked with him and he didn't realize that they made socks for running with the "fingers" in them. he is going to pick up some injini's, I'll report back status after he heals and has run in them.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Posting for a Friend: blister on toe on runs greater than 4 miles [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW toe socks probably will remedy the problem, but not remove the cause.
Quote Reply