Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good information here guys. Looking at getting a trainer soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [kldutton2010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm new and just got my first tri bike, much nicer than my road bike. My plan for the winter is to use the road bike and trainerroad for the first half of the winter and maybe switch to the tri bike later in the winter to get more time in the aero position, both with cheaper rear tires. Does that sound reasonable? I assume the logic for using an older bike is wear and tear on that bike and convenience of having a second bike ready for outdoor riding, while the logic of training on your race bike (assuming two bikes) is to train on the same equipment and in the same position that you'll actually race in.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
train on my race bikes. I just make sure I cover it up with the bike thong and a couple towels to protect it from sweat as it does a number on the bolts and bearings.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike do you use on your trainer? [corduroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use my tri bike but throw on an old wheel/cassette I had lying around. Past couple of weeks I've been keeping on my race wheels while using the trainer during the week. Doesn't seem to wear down the tires at all.

I bought a Cycleops Sweat Guard to protect the bike from sweat. Works great an only cost about $20
Quote Reply

Prev Next