Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scicon aerocomfort 2.0 tsa
Quote | Reply
Im going to travel from South America to Texas in a few weeks w my beloved tri bike in that bag. I trust its durable and protective enough but better safe than sorry...anyone has a similar bag and any good advice for how to create additional protection for the bike so it doesn't get damaged?
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon aerocomfort 2.0 tsa [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used one to transport my Cervelo internationally...it works well. I did wrap my bike in bubblewrap and added protective material - especially around the rear derailleur and rear chainstays - old towels, etc. The only damage to my bike was my fault by using the rear derailleur hanger protector - I would skip it and just use 1-2 towels instead....best of luck and hopefully everything (and everyone) arrives safe and sound.

Quote | Reply
i disagree; i think rear derailleur protector is MUST ... and i wish ther ewas a beefed up version; on many frames hanger is not replaceable
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon aerocomfort 2.0 tsa [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this and shipped the bike twice. I wrap my horns and actually put my running shoes over the brake levers. I use the rd hanger and i also wrap it in a towel. I think that's it. I love that i can break it down in about 15 minutes with minimal wrenching.
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon aerocomfort 2.0 tsa [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have thought so - but on my P5 - it totally left a massive indent in the frame....just didn't fit my frame well without causing damage....or else I would maybe put some kind of foam between it and the frame to avoid the same problem. The towels worked perfect for me on the return trip....but each to their own...I just didn't like the damage it caused to my rear stays....

Just my 0.02...

Quote | Reply
oh i have p5 too
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon aerocomfort 2.0 tsa [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell me more about the damage the rear derailler hanger protector caused? Pictures?
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon aerocomfort 2.0 tsa [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have the 2012 Cervelo P3. according to sci con the bike will fit just fine but the rear derailleur freaks me out because the hangar is not replaceable. seems like it should be ok, have talked to many that have travelled with this bike w/o issue in this bag. any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply