Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Photochromatic swim goggles-any other brand?
Quote | Reply
Spent the last several weeks with a trial swim goggle tour. Those Zogg Photochromatic swim goggles rock but they just don't fit my face (some leakage regardless of how they are positioned and straps adjusted) as well as the TYR Special Ops 2 and Aqua Sphere Kayenne goggles. Is there any other brand or existing brand that is planning to introduce their own photochromatic swim goggles?
Last edited by: Billyk24: Apr 19, 14 9:21
Quote Reply
Re: Photochromatic swim goggles-any other brand? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure that anybody else is making these, as they add a huge cost to the goggle.

Can I recommend our new Kaiman Exo goggle?

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Photochromatic swim goggles-any other brand? [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My current Aqua Sphere goggles work well, are comfortable and I will likely obtain a "tinted lens" version for outdoor usage in the future if no other company is going to introduce photochromatic lens.
Quote Reply
Re: Photochromatic swim goggles-any other brand? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear.

I won't say that no one will do it, but it makes a goggle really expensive.

A smoke lens is a great choice!

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Photochromatic swim goggles-any other brand? [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakers wrote:
I'm not sure that anybody else is making these, as they add a huge cost to the goggle.

Can I recommend our new Kaiman Exo goggle?

jake
________

Interesting comment on price ..... goggles are incredibly cheap compared to everything else we buy for triathlon. The TYR special ops are $29 custom and I'm seeing a lot of them.( as well as wearing them myself). If a photochromatic lens works well it would seem that a lot of them could be sold in the $50-60 range ... not everybody wants a cheap $10 goggle made for kids to lose playing at the pool. Goggles are cheap and lots of them are made poorly.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Photochromatic swim goggles-any other brand? [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at the price of goggles currently, doubling that price and still trying to maintain strong sales is what I am referencing.

I didn't say there isn't a market for it. But is there a big enough market for it? A $70 goggle is a tough sell. Some people are willing to buy and some are not.

The swim market is rather large, and triathlon is a portion of that market. There are a lot of folks that still won't pay more than $20 for a goggle.

Jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply