Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Farting Underwater While Swimming
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I am new to this forum so sorry if this has been brought up before. I have fairly bad gas and i tend to fart a lot, especially while swimming. I have done some research and read it is best to exhale while underwater to swim faster/relax your body. Does farting also have the same benefits? Or is it better not to fart so your body retains more air, thus allowing you to "float" easier. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Farting Underwater While Swimming [iron swimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turbo boost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do whatever is comfortable. But if you're in my masters class at least warn me ahead of time. And no floaters!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Farting Underwater While Swimming [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's always a good ice breaker too. If you're force into lane sharing with someone make the notion like you got the chills. When they ask, "Are you cold." Just say, "No I farted" and then swim off. When you return there will be no one there.
Quote Reply
Re: Farting Underwater While Swimming [Ti guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Ti guy and All,

This is ST .....

The subject has already been researched and quantified by type of gas, quantity of gas, male or female swimmer, body fat, density and temperature of the water you are swimming in [salt and fresh], environmental effects, degradation of competition from poisonous fumes, type and color of swimsuit with special emphasis on fabric type, body type, time of day, weather, effect on fish and frogs, and other important parameters ...............

Use the search feature ...........

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swim with ear plugs and always forget how quiet our pool is...

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy26: Apr 18, 14 14:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excess air will not aid you your floating only create pressure and pain. Let it out what's the problem.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fart while pushing off the wall underwater so the lifeguards don't hear it. That's what my friend does. Wink wink.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eganski? Where are you?

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well other than then "Never trust a Fart", I can't offer a lot. The largest issue is the potential that it isn't really a Fart and worse yet, may be somewhat liquid. So, I'd suggest you let gas escape slowly so you can keep check on whether it start to turn liquid. I don't think anyone would like a brown trail in the water.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have found that by wearing my speedo endurance suit the fart can't escape the bulletproof like fabric so the floating effect is still in effect.

Sincerely,
Bubblebutt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't worry about training. You will have real issues if your next race is wetsuit legal. I'm thinking of the girl from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i see what youre trying to do here

if you fart underwater, just be sure there's none of those slow women around you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a hike, Troll

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Re: Farting Underwater While Swimming [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
I have found that by wearing my speedo endurance suit the fart can't escape the bulletproof like fabric so the floating effect is still in effect.

Sincerely,
Bubblebutt

This. Same happens to mine. Haha

-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know what you are doing.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only fart when I'm scuba diving. That way the bubbles are disguised by those from my regulator.
Quote Reply
Re: Farting Underwater While Swimming [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but a trained eye can differentiate them by the slower speed at which they rise, especially the sulphur laden ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Farting Underwater While Swimming [dave_voyageur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously, for some reason farts seem to be more potent when they bubble up while at the wall. Avoid this by farting while swimming. A good kick will disguise the bubbles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always find the fart hangs out in my jammers for the whole length. Feels weird to have the bubble rock back and forth. Usually it escapes at my next flip turn.
Quote Reply
Re: Farting Underwater While Swimming [TriDav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDav wrote:
mdtrihard wrote:

Sincerely,
Bubblebutt

This. Same happens to mine. Haha

Except that it feels like there's a rabid chipmunk running around in my suit...
Quote Reply
Re: Farting Underwater While Swimming [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a visual!
Quote Reply