Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wing 57 vs Spec Evade
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any comparison data between the two? (Yes, I searched)
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 vs Spec Evade [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One is likely faster then the other on you... The other may be faster on me...

I got that data from searching.
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 vs Spec Evade [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:

^^^^ This wins the internet for the day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IIRC, the consensus from Aerocamp was the Evade was a pretty fast helmet across most riders. The Wing 57 wasn't.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 vs Spec Evade [Tryda33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tryda33 wrote:
PeteDin206 wrote:

^^^^ This wins the internet for the day

Glad to provide a good chuckle...
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 vs Spec Evade [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the consensus is more along the lines of real aero helmet almost always tops aero road helmet, and the Evade is generally a very good aero road helmet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have both....bigger tri's, wing 57 it is. Local club races i use the evade
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 vs Spec Evade [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:
Pretty sure the consensus is more along the lines of real aero helmet almost always tops aero road helmet, and the Evade is generally a very good aero road helmet.

Yeah. Correct me if I'm wrong but I even think the Evade is on par with the Specialized TT2. I recall a post on facebook from Jordan implying this.

-D
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 vs Spec Evade [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:

Correct, but I believe desert dude expounded in the Wing 57 and said it never really tested that well. He further encouraged others in his age group to wear it Wink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wing57 delivery has, once again, been delayed to June '14. This is the third delay since placing my pre-order in October. Picking up a Giro A.A. this week and will most likely cancel my W57 order.

Also, despite the website saying there are two sizes (S/M, L), the E-Rudy tech on the phone assured me that there is only a one-size-fits-all.

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 vs Spec Evade [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there are def two sizes, i have the smaller size. I thought the wingspan was big and bulky on a smaller head, hence i sold it and bought a wing 57. It is much smaller on my head than the wingspan was. I know people are jumping down its throat a bit but it didnt test THAT bad and was ok on some people from memory. The thing i like about the wing 57 is it sort of curves around your head. Trying to mold the ear flaps of the wingspan wasnt that great.
As for the evade im a fan of that too, but as i mentioned my eyeball wind tunnel doesnt think its as aero compared to the wing 57. I could be wrong. If its hot as hell it could be an option.
Quote Reply