Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Difference between speed concept 7.5 and 9.5 (2014)
Quote | Reply
So over here in irelland there isn't many of the 2014 speed concepts around and the pictures in the local tri shop are all different of the 2014 7.5, some have integrated stem some don't, some have integrated front end some don't.

So basically just wondering if someone can outline to me the differences between the two models, apart from group sets, thanks for your help, joe
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between speed concept 7.5 and 9.5 (2014) [Joeb100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Joe-

two main categories of differences:

• at a frameset level, 9-series bikes and 7-series bikes differ by about 300g in weight due to different carbon layups, carbon vs aluminum dropouts, and carbon vs aluminum seatposts
  • as complete bikes, the 7.5 comes equipped with the same integrated cockpit as all 9-series bikes...the 7.0 comes with a standard cockpit.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between speed concept 7.5 and 9.5 (2014) [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that Carl.
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between speed concept 7.5 and 9.5 (2014) [Joeb100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a very distinct sucking sound your wallet makes when upgrading to a 9 series. Some wallets have greater volume that others.

The 9 series frame is also manufactured in the US (Not that you'd care being in Ireland). I've also heard that the improved carbon, has a little bit smoother ride with better dampening qualities without giving up and stiffness in power transfer.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between speed concept 7.5 and 9.5 (2014) [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, both series of the 2014 are made by our overseas partners. The 1st generation SC 9-series was made here.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aren't the forks different also? 7 series aluminum, 9 series carbon?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, I was just onto my local dealer and they said the 7.5 has been discontinued. Just wondering if this is the case?
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between speed concept 7.5 and 9.5 (2014) [sammydog1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dropout materials are different, but otherwise they're both carbon forks...just different layups.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not discontinued...because technically it wasn't offered in your market to begin with. Doesn't mean you can't get a 7-series with the integrated cockpit, but it does mean going through Project One to do it...and that means going through a Project One dealer (not all Trek dealers participate in Project One). I don't know how many dealers in Ireland offer P1, but I hear Wheelworx in Dublin is a P1 shop with a lot of Speed Concept experience.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply