Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hoka sizing - my own study + results [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, love the in-depth study of the Hoka. I am currently switching between the Stinson Tarmac (my FAVORITE) and my Bondi B's. The Stinson is slightly firmer than the Bondi B and I feel they just suit my stride better. I do probably 80% of my runs in these and may in fact race in them. I wear a 10.5 (unisex) in the Bondi's and a 10 women's in the Stinsons. I have steered many people to the Hokas but one thing I tell them is to try to find a shop that carries them and TRY THEM ALL ON. And don't be afraid to try sizes that you don't normally wear. Right now I think Hoka is still working out some of the kinks in sizing (or perhaps there are just still shoes out there from earlier production runs) and you need to find out what's gonna work for you.

Just as an aside, I did a tempo run the other day in my Asics Noosas and while the run felt just fine while I was out there a day later my legs (and the PTT that sent me to Hokas) knew the difference!

Love my Hokas!

Patti in NJ

Patti in NJ
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka sizing - my own study + results [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:

I would love to see the padded tongue return.

This. x1000
Last edited by: stillrollin: Apr 23, 14 6:19
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka sizing - my own study + results [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure it was mentioned, but take a look at the size on the tounge of the shoe (Bondi 3) versus the size on the insole! You'll notice that the insole is sized a half size larger than the shoe! Damn you Hoka! Why didn't you tell us you messed with the size :(

The other Bondis match, the discrepency is with the Bondi3. Very frustrating...
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: May 31, 14 20:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are not familiar with this you may be interested in the 'show me how it fits' feature shown below. It may help you compare current fit to earlier versions (I say may as I am not a Hoka historian and don't know how far back the Hoka shoes they have in their database go). This is down by 3D measurements of shoes.
http://www.runningwarehouse.com/HOKA_Conquest/descpageMRS-HOCOM3.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Id like to try them... but they dont make wide... maybe ill try the bondi-3

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka sizing - my own study + results [alanhawse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The conquest definitely runs big lengthwise, in the heel and toe box. I had to size down to a 10 after running a block in the 10.5.
Quote Reply

Prev Next