Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How Many Bikes Do You Have? How many do you actually use? [nstearns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 Both actually made in the USA

Cannonade Prophet MTB 5" travel 2" tiers rolls over log cabin.

Cannonade six13 2005

Kestrel Air Pro 2012 just purchased frame and starting build soon

Under eating is just as good for you as over training.
Last edited by: tpmcman: Apr 28, 14 11:17
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Bikes Do You Have? How many do you actually use? [tpmcman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kona honkey tonk for the riding to the bar/work
BMX that I hop on from time to time to see if I can still 360 and manual
Kestrel Talon for training/racing
Surly Pugsley fatbike for running over dog shit and mud/snow. I did do a Century gran fondo ride on it last year after losing a bet.,and will be using it in an upcoming 70.3 this summer.
Ex gf's late 90's Specialized MTB that I let other broads ride around on that don't own a bike.
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Bikes Do You Have? How many do you actually use? [Kimmy Gibbler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have two that see fairly regular action. 1 TT and one road. Currently thinking of just beefing up the road a bit and foregoing the TT since I don't race anymore. Adding a MTB in its place would be nice. Envious of those with many bikes but I wouldn't have room in my apartment either way.
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Bikes Do You Have? How many do you actually use? [djwrekless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slight bike problem:

1. Moots road- my main rig
2. Serotta ti/carbon- my long distance road set up
3. Ellsworth crit bike
4. Qroo tri
5. Jack kane - old tri set up- now my dedicated trainer set up
6. Kona cyclocross- mullet set up
7. Single speed/fixie- used for coffee/ casual ride- also to tow the dog in his trailer for errands
8. Ritchey breakaway- travel bike
9. Intense MTB

Things in the future if the wife doesn't object too strenuously:
1. Bakfiet: for the dog so he can have a better view when we head out to coffee
2. Ti loaded touring rig
3. 29er or 650b?

The bikes least used are the ritchey: used for the annual Tuscany trip and the QRoo since I'm not racing as much now
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Bikes Do You Have? How many do you actually use? [djwrekless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 Road
1 Tri
1 Mountain

I used to use the mountain bike maybe once a year. Since last year, the 20 year old mountain bike has become my commuter bike.

Would love to add a fixie to the mix, but no space to put another bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Tri

Old Tri

Cyclocross

Mountain

I use three of the four. Thinking of getting rid of my gently used, 2009, size 52, P2 :-)

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 Road. Lynskey R320 See the most mileage.
2 tt Scott Plasma 2 I mostly race tt so between March and Ocyober it gets ridden at least twice a week.
3 Cross Sette CX-1My gravel road racer. This is something I started doing last year and love.
4 Fixie Pake French 75 My fixed gear and sometimes commuter that I like to ride about once a week.
5 Misfit singlespeed 29er. Ride this more here and there and do the Brown County Breakdown each year on it.

They all get used so there is no thinning the herd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Cervelo Prodigy steel road bike. Made into single speed to ride around on the bike path. Will never get rid of that frame. Bought it at Wheelworks when Steve Larsen owned it and was fit on it by him. Bought it to go to see the Tour de France and ride around. (Reports still somewhere on the ST archives.)

2. Felt T2K track bike. I'd ride it a hell of a lot more if I had a velodrome. :-(

3. Cannondale CAAD10. My bike racing bike. Love it.

4. QR CD 0.1. Signed up for a few tris so I needed a new bike. Still dialing in the fit. Thanks MacMcE!

5. Fuji road bike. He lives at my friends' house in California with an extra helmet and a pair of shoes, so when I travel back and forth between TN and NorCal, I don't have to cart a bunch of stuff.

Frame only: One of the first Cervelo P2Ks. Custom painted. 650 and I sold off all my wheels, etc. but I love the frame. Going on my wall in my office once I get it painted.

Just sold: Specialized Rockhopper mt. bike. I HATE mt. biking.

Want: Cyclocross bike. And lots more wheel options. The only race wheel I have is a Zipp track disc which does me no good here.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 MTB
1 Road
3 TT bikes
1 town bike

I ride the training TT bike the most. Since I only race 2-3 times a year the racing TT doesn't get out much. MTB out in the fall.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Bikes Do You Have? How many do you actually use? [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quantec CX aluminium, current summer commuter, 10-speed Rival
Focus crater lake CX steel commuter, currently being restored & rebuilt, going to be 10-speed Tiagra
Olmo 1989 Anniversary, beatiful springy ride, 8-speed Campy
Leader 720 TT, fantastic geometry, 9-speed Dura Ace/600 mix
BP Stealth, fully restored, everyone needs a classic beam(y) bike, 9-speed Ultegra mix.

Currently at 250km/week on the Quantec.

All bikes assembled or reassembled by me, every bloody bolt.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 5. I use four of them regularly. The fifth is for sale because it's not really suitable for the hilly area I am in. Once it's sold, it will get replaced with an errand bike that is a little friendlier on the grades here. They all pretty much fill a niche and I race three of them currently.

road- my best friend
tt- my soul crushing ninja bike
track- my beer drinking buddy that has actually bought me a round
mtb- a large perplexing beast that like to toss me off into the trees
cruiser- not used currently but still a very nifty vintage animal

Coach Brain: Accelerate 3 ; Incoherent Ramblings
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In order of purchase:

1. My old Merida roadie - currently on the trainer pretending it's a tri bike.
2. My vintage (old) Gary Fisher hardtail - weighs a million tonnes but that's OK for a commuter.
3. A Peugeot 4 speed step through resto project. Currently in bits. Not sure when it will not be in bits.
4. Specialized Ruby - love this girl. We've had so many adventures together and almost my bike of choice.
5. Fuji D6. My sexy race machine. My bike of choice when Ruby isn't.
6. Avanti Flare. My shiny new MTB because I had more wetsuits than bikes and needed to even things up. Looking forward to getting it dirty any day soon.

Then there's all the other toys...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
djwrekless wrote:
I've got too many. And I don't use them enough.

I've got 4 and I use them all.
1. Favorite Cervelo S5 for most of my long rides and definitely any big hills. Also hilly Tri's.
2. TT Bike for most tri's and flat courses.
3. My typical commute bike that is more than good enough for extra lunch rides
4. Indoor trainer bike that sits on my Kickr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
four, none of them is used enough..

1. race bike, Cervelo Dual
2. road bike, Paramount PDG, used for most training rides
3. road bike, Trek 2500, built up to be light (16lbs) for CO mountain rides, also used as race bike on hilly twisty bike courses
4. mtb, Specialized Hardrock, used commuting and on the 40 miles of trail out my back door, evening rides when it's too frightening to be on the roads. don't really do any destination MTBing, so this bike is a real homebody.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only have one road bike.

And I actually use it from time to time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fifty or sixty.

Maybe ten?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have 40 bicycles and I hardly ride any.
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Bikes Do You Have? How many do you actually use? [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a road bike, 2011 Trek 2.3 and looking to buy the right size tri bike (bought wrong size).

If any would like to add another tri bike to there stable, I have a NEW 2013 Cannondale SLICE RS Black for sale.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5051195;search_string=;#5051195
Last edited by: Gonc: Apr 23, 14 9:20
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Bikes Do You Have? How many do you actually use? [Gonc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please pm me some pictures or do post it on this forum, thank you.
Sincerely,
Max T
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Bikes Do You Have? How many do you actually use? [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Max, I PM'd you earlier today. Let me know if your interested.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Trek carbon fiber road bike from the 90's that I use on a Compu trainer and for local bike commuting. I also have a Cervelo P3 that is loaded with the good stuff for racing and looking fast (even if I am not). Tim
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Bikes Do You Have? How many do you actually use? [cervelorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this thread because I moved in with the girlfriend this weekend, so we now have 9 bikes in the house. She's got her road bike and beach cruiser in addition to a couple of old hybrid type bikes we eventually plan to give away. Anyway, out of the friends who helped us move, there was obviously a dichotomy. The tri/cycling friends wanted to know why she doesn't have a TT or MTB, whereas our work friends/other people didn't understand how anybody could possibly have that many. Fortunately all my running shoes were in boxes and had been moved gradually over to the new house, so I didn't have to face judgement there too

IG: idking90
Quote Reply

Prev Next