Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line
Quote | Reply
WTF. Don't care what was in them, I hope this guy gets some serious punishment.

BOSTON (AP) — Police say they've taken a man into custody in connection with two unattended backpacks found at the Boston Marathon finish line.

Police spokesman Dave Estrada says the backpacks were discovered Tuesday evening, a year after two bombs in backpacks exploded at the end of the marathon and killed three people.

The bomb squad is checking the backpacks found Tuesday. Police have cleared the area. Trains are bypassing the nearby Copley Square station. The police department has tweeted asking people to avoid the area.

Survivors, first responders and relatives of those killed in last year's Boston Marathon bombing marked the anniversary Tuesday with tributes. Former Mayor Thomas Menino (meh-NEE'-noh) spoke at the nearby Hynes Convention Center.

http://news.yahoo.com/...-area-000428334.html

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More info. Sounds like the guy may have mental health issues. I hope they lock him up for a long, long time.

Witnesses say the person was barefoot, wearing a long black veil and was acting strange. Boston Police say one man has been taken into custody.

The Bomb Squad inspected the bag and then detonated it just before 9:00 p.m.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/...ft-near-finish-line/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did he break any laws? Yes, I know what happened last year. This country ignores the mentally challenged and then act surprised when they act out.

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bhc wrote:
Did he break any laws? Yes, I know what happened last year. This country ignores the mentally challenged and then act surprised when they act out.

I think (not positive, but, pretty sure), there is a city ordinance that prohibits leaving bags unintended, similar to prohibitions at airports that can land you in trouble for similar conduct.

On top of that, you can throw in assault, intent to cause a riot, and disorderly conduct.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Police spokesman Dave Estrada...

Any relation?...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
bhc wrote:

I think (not positive, but, pretty sure), there is a city ordinance that prohibits leaving bags unintended, similar to prohibitions at airports that can land you in trouble for similar conduct.

On top of that, you can throw in assault, intent to cause a riot, and disorderly conduct.

That seems like a stretch, we don't even know what happened...
Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:
JSA wrote:
bhc wrote:

How so? Reports are that the suspect has admitted to dropping the two bags. That, in and of itself, is sufficient to charge him with the crimes I stated above. Unless these reports are completely inaccurate, where is the stretch?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
TylerJ wrote:
JSA wrote:
bhc wrote:

How so? Reports are that the suspect has admitted to dropping the two bags. That, in and of itself, is sufficient to charge him with the crimes I stated above. Unless these reports are completely inaccurate, where is the stretch?

Well nowhere have I seen these reports that say the guy admitted to anything..

Right now it seems like a bunch of we don't know...
Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:

Someone left the bags. Witnesses report the guy in custody did so. Reports say the guy admitted to do so.

What do you find so far fetched?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have video of the suspect.

http://www.boston.com/...honPF97uO/story.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also keep in mind: standards for charging, prosecuting, and convicting are all quite different.

It is reasonable, given the actions and circumstances, to come to the conclusions JSA listed. We'll see what transpires going forward.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
TylerJ wrote:

Someone left the bags. Witnesses report the guy in custody did so. Reports say the guy admitted to do so.

What do you find so far fetched?

Nothing.
I'm not going to argue with you.

I just hope they find out what happened, and what this guys deal is soon.

Thankfully it was stopped before anything could happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:
Nothing.
I'm not going to argue with you.

Well now, that is the point of these threads. If you have a disagreement, air it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I worked inside the DAs office in a metro area I saw several terroristic threat cases filed for conduct when nothing else fit. Something in that arena would possibly fit depending on their penal code. It will be minor compared to the emotional impact he caused to the survivors/residents but it's something.
Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he would have just tweeted about doing it and was a teenager then it's ok. Actually leaving the backpacks without warning anyone is the no no
Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [Garry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you hear about the girl that made a terrorist sounding threat to an airline over Twitter? They arrested her and they should.

You don't joke about terrorism or do anything to imply a terrorist threat.

Whatever this guy needs I hope he gets it. The video makes him look mentally ill.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BPD haven't released his name but say that he told them he's a performance artist. Arraignment scheduled for today.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually I was referring to the hundreds of teenagers that are tweeting threats now inspired by that girl you mentioned and it's considered by many somewhat of a funny joke. From the other thread on the teenager. and my night brain was incorrect the headline was Dozens not hundreds, my mistake

http://m.washingtonpost.com/...o-american-airlines/

Last edited by: Garry: Apr 16, 14 3:19
Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [Garry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

One backpack had a rice cooker filled with confetti. Pretty sick joke if that was his intent especially after the memorial at the finish line just hours before with many of the victims as well as the families of those who were killed in attendance.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Apr 16, 14 5:56
Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
BPD haven't released his name but say that he told them he's a performance artist.

This is even better. The do-gooders can claim he's an artist and was suffering through his craft instead of a nut job who didn't understand his actions. Oh wait, what's the difference?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure he is really mentally ill. Sounds like he is just a piece of shit.

A man using the name Kayvon Edson who appears to match photos of the suspect shown by NECN has an extensive digital trail where he documented his activities as a "performance artist." On Facebook, a page for Edson features a picture of one of the brothers charged with last year's Marathon bombing, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. The photo, which was posted by Edson about 14 hours ago, has a heading saying, "Had a blast at the marathon!!!"

"#BloggoristAttack — with Tamerlan Tsarnaev and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is innocent," wrote Edson in a caption under the photo.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/...2014-4#ixzz2z3S2rMpD

Quote Reply
Re: Man arrested for 2 unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon Finish Line [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

One backpack had a rice cooker filled with confetti. Pretty sick joke if that was his intent especially after the memorial at the finish line just hours before with many of the victims as well as the families of those who were killed in attendance.

What a worthless piece of crap. If he is a performance artist, I hope that the rest of his performances will be in front of a captive audience - at the state prison where he'll be an inmate for a long time.

Better yet, send him on a tour in the Middle East and Africa.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My intial thought yesterday when they showed his picture was that he was one of those who appeared outside the federal courthouse when Tsarnaev was arraigned last year to support him. He's making another court appearance today so that should bring some more of those clowns out.

I hope this idiot gets jail time for this so he can be a true performance artist there. Makes me think of the line from the Blues Brothers: "You're going to look pretty funny trying to eat corn on the cob with no f***in' teeth!"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I read last night or this am that only backpack is associated with this clown and the other hnattended bag was left by an emt. I presume the EMTs bag was not the one with the cooker.
Quote Reply

Prev Next