Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bell Gardens, CA
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be moving to Bell Gardens in late May/early June to pastor a church. Any tri folks or masters swimming in that area, or am I going to have to drive a bunch.

SD
Quote Reply
Re: Bell Gardens, CA [PastorShawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about swimming or running, but you are right next to the Rio Hondo Bike path which stretches from Long Beach to the South, hooking up to the San Gabriel Bike Path to the north, with probably a total of 50+ miles round trip. On the weekends, there are always tons of larger bike and tri groups riding there so I know you could probably hook up with a group. Do a search on google for them, maybe LA trip club, pasadena tri club, etc. http://www.labikepaths.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are trails in Whittier to run on and pools in Whittier, Santa Fe springs. G's bike shop in Santa Fe springs on green leaf does good work. Tri lab is the closest Tri shop
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the LA Tri Club and California Tri Club. Both offer workouts in the area. You might drive a bit to get to the rides, some of which are on the bike paths mentioned earlier, but the groups workouts are worth it. You're not that far from some good open water swimming in Long Beach. Welcome to LA.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: Bell Gardens, CA [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see multiple Masters Swim groups within 10 miles of Bell Gardens. Do you all know which ones better cater to tri folks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not familiar with a lot of swims out that way.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a tri club in Long Beach, which might be your best bet, based on location. Also, there's a good tri-shop, Tri-Zone which isn't too far away. They'd be a great resource for hooking up with locals for training, and their shop is right next to on of the trails mentioned here.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are kind of between Long beach and Pasadena. Check out Pasadena Tri Club. TRIBE (Long Beach) swims at Belmont Pool, I believe @ 5:30AM and is probably the biggest Tri club in Long Beach (TRIBE and Long Beach Tri Club). There is another masters swim group at Long Beach State (CSULB) M-F at 5:30AM and 5pm M-F, they don't cater to Triathletes but their workouts are tough, avg 3-3,500 yds/hr. PM me if you have any other questions
Quote Reply