Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Verzbicas to race in Cape Town [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Until that gets better, there is no point in racing WTS events for him. I said in another thread, that it's great to have him back, but for people to not have high expectations. He's simply not ready for that level of swimming, but I'm glad he's back putting himself into these races. Just an very expensive lesson on someone's dime.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Verzbicas to race in Cape Town [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LV runs I think a low 33 10k for 46th place.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not up on the rules for the qualification process. But shouldn't the US have at least 2 racers to get points. I was surprised there was only 2. I figured the US would try and get more racers into the field.
Quote Reply
Re: Verzbicas to race in Cape Town [Racing Yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Qualification process is sorta weird because you have Olympic qualifying points, itu points, wts points et etc. From the looks of thing right now, it doenst really help or hurt by only sending the team we sent (kinda staying in neutral so to speak). Basically, I don't think they would have been able to race well enough to change the positions they are in. You'll notice the US's top guys are on the Yokohama start list (start of Olympic qualifying period).

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok gotcha, thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Verzbicas to race in Cape Town [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've watched most of the races on ITU's site for the last couple of years and that was one of the most aggressive swim paces I've seen yet. Blew some people up.

USCoregonian wrote:
Swim pace was way too fast for him to have much of a chance today. Got spit out the back almost immediately.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Verzbicas to race in Cape Town [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
FeketeBlob wrote:
What makes him a "prick" in your opinion?

Outside racing, he is an extremely bright and balanced individual with his own thoughts about the world. As a racer, he is aggressive but I love the commitment he brings (or brought) to races.

Don't worry, it's ST - the place where armchair studs call World Champion and Olympic gold medallists "pricks"

Best to ignore it.

Because ST is the only place where fans of a sport poke a little fun at an athlete on the other side...

PM me your address and maybe I'll send you a box of tissues.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LV was down to race Yokohama but I see his name has disappeared from the starting list. Which seems sensible. Any one know his plans otherwise?
Quote Reply

Prev Next