Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aero Helmets (What is good and reasonably priced?) [PUTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PUTU wrote:
Where the heck are y'all finding them for $65?
Ebay, brother. And it was new (or, at the most, very very lightly used -- I sure couldn't tell).

It's easy to make excuses, but excuses don't make champions.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets (What is good and reasonably priced?) [DunnRight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Regarding the start of the OP's thread: "My LG Rocket is old and probably causes more drag than it eliminates..."

So I'm currently using the LG Rocket and don't have plans to replace it. It fits well for me (comfort wise) and works well with my position (the tip lays against my back when riding so there is no real gap there). How much better are the newer aero helmets over the LG Rocket? Just marketing or is there a measurable gain to a plain old AG'r?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets (What is good and reasonably priced?) [DunnRight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what's the lowest actual retail-online price (NOT ebay!) for an inexpensive but legit aero helmet?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets (What is good and reasonably priced?) [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
So what's the lowest actual retail-online price (NOT ebay!) for an inexpensive but legit aero helmet?

Great place to start...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=triathlon+aero+helmet
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets (What is good and reasonably priced?) [MrPinochio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrPinochio wrote:
lightheir wrote:

Great place to start...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=triathlon+aero+helmet

Yep, your wiseacre answer didn't add anything to the discussion whatsoever. I've looked on Google and amazon, and have yet to see a $65 aero helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets (What is good and reasonably priced?) [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Yep, your wiseacre answer didn't add anything to the discussion whatsoever. I've looked on Google and amazon, and have yet to see a $65 aero helmet.

Ok, ok...Not sure what size you are or what color your are looking for, but there are deals to be had. Just have to keep digging.

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/salesandspecials/eb-2023058-rbc?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&cvsfa=3950&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=65622d323032333035382d726263&gclid=CJ7Jr6L7070CFbFFMgodI1QA3w
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets (What is good and reasonably priced?) [MrPinochio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's a lot more helpful! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:

Nashbar has the Bell Javelin on sale for $99. Ordered one last weekend when also 15% off that price and free shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets (What is good and reasonably priced?) [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It pops up on Chainlove for I think $60

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets (What is good and reasonably priced?) [BooneDog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bell Javelin as well. Picked it up on sale at an LBS near the end of last season and raced with it. I tried a few and it seemed to work best for my riding position. The Javelin is bit heavier than other models, but I found it to be pretty comfortable and easy to adjust.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmets (What is good and reasonably priced?) [PumpkinEater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Giro Advantage is a nice helmet, and once it's on your head feels nice and snug...but damn, trying to get it over your ears is a bitch.

From tests (or experience), is it best to have the tail lie flat against your back, or to look slightly down and up and have the top (front to tail) perpendicular to the road?
Quote Reply

Prev Next