Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best running earbuds. [psychosyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I run with music, for wired I always use my Shure SE-215's with the iPhone cord. Love that you can change out the cords / ear buds on the fly or if you upgrade.

For Bluetooth, I just picked up a set of Plantronics BackBeat Go 2. Pretty good so far. Both of these headsets are sound isolating, so you need to pay attention to your surroundings.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [slow123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slow123 wrote:
Oh no! you're in scary waters.... slowtwitch "hates" headphones and music. They like the outdoor sounds ONLY when running or biking! I've asked a question about headphones before and was scolded by several.

Just to save you time on other subjects...
-Any question about bikes, the p2/p3 will be crowbar'd in the discussion and proclaimed the best.
-Any wheel question.... the answer is Flo.
-The only thing worse then vitamins is crossfit.

I read this when you first posted, man it made me laugh! Dare I share with the group that I swim with an iPod Shuffle. My wife recently bought it for me, from a company called water fi. Works really well, especially for a guy who hates swimming. It helps me lengthen my swim workouts.

http://waterfi.com/waterproof-ipod
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had good luck with these: http://www.polkaudio.com/...and-active-lifestyle
I get the plain UltraFit 500's. The price is pretty good, they never come out of my ears. Another great thing is they come with a few different length cords so that you can use just what you need without having to knot up a long cord.
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
randymar wrote:
Quote:
Drunkcyclist.com

Earbuds refer to very small headphones that are fitted directly in the outer ear, facing but not inserted in the ear canal. Earbuds are portable and convenient, but many people consider them to be uncomfortable and prone to falling out.

They provide hardly any acoustic isolation and leave room for ambient noise to seep in; users may turn up the volume dangerously high to compensate, at the risk of causing hearing loss.

On the other hand, they let the user be better aware of their surroundings. Since the early days of the transistor radio, earbuds have commonly been bundled with personal music devices. They are sold at times with plush and cushy foam pads for comfort.

Photo: bikegirls — with Bike Mike and Uhu Sei.

Whatever she sell I'm buying....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yurbuds has great customer service. It's just a shame I have had to use it so many times. Either build or Quality control must completely suck b/c I have yet to have a pair of Yurbuds BT last more than a few weeks before just failing (been through at least 5 sets... and I absolutely treat them nicely). Have had a few of the wired sets fall apart, as well. They keep replacing them... but that's pretty annoying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
psychosyd wrote:
Ok. I keep killing my earbuds. So I am thinking of actually spending some money on getting decent ones.
IYO which are the best? Ideally don't want to spend over $50, but if something is worth it, I might be talked into it.
Thanks[/quote

The title says earbuds. Are you limited to just earbuds? The best design for running headphones is not earbuds, unfortunately Apple has completly destroyed the best design and made earbuds the only thing now.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just given a Plantronics BackBeat FIT BT headset and love this thing. I always care my phone, just in case, so no more wires. Couple of road + trail runs with them and forget I had them on. Dumped water on my head the other day which didn't phase it. Easy to use and can even answer the wife's call if I so desire!

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried many headphones even shure se846 ($1000!!) literally the highest end earbuds available. I had shure se215 too, klipsch, senhiser, yurbuds, beats, bayerdynamic, etc... the best headphones I've found for training are skullcandy ink'd I have right now. They are amazing ($12 on amazon!!!) the difference between them and the shure se846 is so marginal it doesn't even matter for 99.999% of the population expensive headphones are a huge waste of money. The skullcandy I have now I did a 20mi run in pouring rain/thunderstorm and even the mic still works!! The yurbuds I had the jack was cutting out before I even left the store I bought them at, can't imagine a pair lasting a month. If I was gonna spend any significant amount of money on sound I would get real speakers&subwoofer for home, I have some tweeters/6.5" polk speakers and a super powerful 12" sundown sub with boxes I built up for sooo much bass& good sound range that is the best thing ever until the end of time. I love bass but I listen to a lot of rap and some edm tho so you might want it more balanced if you like jazz or classical or something
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [TrevR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrevR wrote:
Having thousands of dollars worth of headphones, I think I may be qualified to answer. The answer is easy APPLE EARPODS, I have heard almost everything under the sun
and the question is the best for RUNNING those are without question the best. Great sound even great bass good flat response, clear sounding and lets in just enough ambient
sound so you remain safe. Now if your question was which headphone is the best I would tell you to look somewhere else and spend a lot more money but for running you just
cant beat the apple earpod, even if your not rocking a apple product.
The Apple earbuds totally do not work for me. They don't stay in my ear even if I'm not moving. They sit too far from the ear canal and therefore sound very weak. No way I can run with them, they'll fall out prior to reaching the end of my driveway.

I bought a set of Yurbuds at the Ironman store and they actually worked well, the red plastic ear pieces however are coming off the buds all the time now though which is annoying. And the sound is mediocre at best. THe wire is also way too long.

I've have a set of Jabra Sport Wireless earbuds too - those have great sound but I'm on my 4th set now with each one only lasting a few weeks. So don't get those as they are anything but reliable.

Quote | Reply
I used to hate running with apple buds for the same reasons you described. One day, after my nice Klipsch ear buds died I was forced to run with them. They stayed in on a hot, sweaty day and sounded great. You know what was the difference maker? I moved the little plastic piece that adjusts the cord length to the ear buds. Before I was running with it loosened all the way, and even with the cord under my running shirt, they fell out every 10 seconds. Now, I put the ear buds in, adjust them so there is only enough excess cord to go under my chin before they join, and I have enjoyed countless runs without them falling out. I also find they stay far enough in the ear that the sound is much better then I was getting before. Just something to try. I have 3 or 4 pairs of unused apple buds from previous devices I can finally go through, so I should be set for earbuds for a few years!!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apple buds work fine for me, if only they were longer. originals many years ago were plenty of length, recently theyve become a waste.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I go through so many, I try to get cheap ones. when I buy them, I like the ones where they wrap around the ear (but not around the neck). but if those stop working i'll just use whatever's around, as each time i get a cell phone or a new mp3 or what have you there seems to be a new cheap pair. if they don't wrap around my ear then i'll wear a baseball cap when i run and run the cords through the back before they go into my ear. i guess if you wear a fitted cap that won't work but the caps I wear all have something to adjust them that I can repurpose as a headphone cord stopper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
psychosyd wrote:
Ok. I keep killing my earbuds. So I am thinking of actually spending some money on getting decent ones.
IYO which are the best? Ideally don't want to spend over $50, but if something is worth it, I might be talked into it.
Thanks
Running with headphones is dangerous; it cuts you off from the outside world: approaching cars / dogs / hobby joggers...
This is what you want. It has no battery (runs on ipod battery) and stays in place fine. Just to be safe, I wrap a rubber band around mine.

It is sometimes hard to find, but I found them once on ebay for maybe $3 a pop...so I bought 2 :-)

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^Great piece of kit
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [TheJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is that, a mini speaker?

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This topic might make a good poll. I'm curious what are most popular by number.
Quote Reply

Prev Next