Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Short sleeve tri suit [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
I did two IM's with that pad... one with the Octane and the other with the Pro IN R Cool shorts that have the same pad.

I found both more comfortable than other IM races where I used Desoto Riviera or Forza shorts.

Interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot. I got a smoking deal on it ($190 shipped) so I am willing to give it a go. Did you find much need for additional chamios cream at any point or did it seem ok?
Quote Reply
Re: Short sleeve tri suit [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:
I did two IM's with that pad... one with the Octane and the other with the Pro IN R Cool shorts that have the same pad.

I found both more comfortable than other IM races where I used Desoto Riviera or Forza shorts.

Interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot. I got a smoking deal on it ($190 shipped) so I am willing to give it a go. Did you find much need for additional chamios cream at any point or did it seem ok?

I use Body Glide and Aquaphor but I did carry a little tube of Aquaphor and some re-lubing about 80 miles in. Wasn't necessary but I stopped to use the potty anyway.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Short sleeve tri suit [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:

Are you on an ISM? I feel like the Desoto crowd all love that short bc we're on ISMs.

Every other short I've worn the chamois/pad is too narrow and I'm sitting on seams or too bulky.

Specialized Sitero.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
hks wrote:
The sanremo suit from Castelli is indeed one piece. The top and bottom are connected, but not meant to look completely integrated. I have the Garmin kit in this piece and I use it for road racing and super high-end group rides (just in case).
There are back pockets and it would not be totally aero if that is what you want to race in. Big chamois, too.

It looks like the there is a separate tri-oriented San Remo Suit. I also have the one-piece San Remo Speedsuit made for cycling kit -- and love it. From the Castelli website, it looks like the tri suit version has a tri-specific chamois. No way would you want to run with cycling-oriented chamois. I currently race in the Castelli Bodypaint Tri-Suit (one piece) and find that it is sometimes constricting in my chest and shoulders during the run (I wear a size large and am 6'3" around 165lbs), so about half the time I roll it off my shoulders at some point during the run. Wonder how well that would work with these. As well as how people like the short sleeve suits for the swim, especially under a wetsuit (including sleeveless wetsuit).

Anyone know the major difference between the Castelli Body Paint SS trisuit and the Free Sanremo SS trisuit? The Sanremo is $50 cheaper.

The body paint stuff has almost no external seams, which, theoretically at least, makes it more aerodynamic. It's also use more of their most expensive, most aerodynamic fabric. Of course, all of the custom stuff they do seems to be done with the Free collection, including for pros.

They both have the same chamois, which I really like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you or anyone post a picture of the Octane Tri pad?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Mar 24, 14 18:01
Quote Reply
Re: Short sleeve tri suit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can find a stock photo online pretty easy... just search "Pearl Izumi Tri Quick Dry Chamois"

Pictures don't help though... that's why I'm still asking. The only thing I took from the photo is it looks wider than an old school fleece.
Quote Reply
Re: Short sleeve tri suit [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I googled what you said and there are no pictures of the "pad" or "chamois" . This is why I asked for a user to post a picture

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Mar 24, 14 18:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
PeteDin206 wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:

I use Body Glide and Aquaphor but I did carry a little tube of Aquaphor and some re-lubing about 80 miles in. Wasn't necessary but I stopped to use the potty anyway.

I'm going to pick up a pair of the Elite InRCool shorts (also same chamois) to ride in for the next 2-3 weeks. If those are comfortable, then I'll keep the medium and just take a minor time penalty if I have to take take it down to use the bathroom or apply additional cream.
Quote Reply
Re: Short sleeve tri suit [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The difference between the Free and Body Paint according to Castelli forum:

The Castelli Free is best for overall aerodynamics (wind tunnel-tested aero fabric across mid-lowr back) and temperature regulation in hot-weather racing environments (lighter-gauge fabrics in garment) (we have to assume, in this day & age, that the vast majority of athletes race with either a speedskin or wetsuit over their trisuit, so I place a much higher priority on aerodynamics vs. hydro, as the suit will be covered in the water anyway…). BP is best if you value the ultimate combination in fit, comfort and muscle support (minimal seams, higher-gauge fabric which provides a great blend of muscular support/compression while not being overly restrictive).

http://forum.castelli-cycling.com/...i-free-or-body-paint
Quote Reply
Re: Short sleeve tri suit [smarty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SCODY offer their new A.I.R Optimise sleeved tri suit as an off the shelf product and can also be custom designed. AUD $299 for the retail version.

Research shows a 45 to 67.5 second gain over a 90km (half ironman) bike leg.

Link to the suit on the SCODY website: http://www.scody.com.au/...triathlon-speedsuit/

Sam Betten
Aussie Professional Triathelte
Twitter: @SamBetten
Instagram @SamBetten
Blog: sambetten.blogspot.com
Last edited by: SamBetten: Mar 27, 14 19:36
Quote Reply
Re: Short sleeve tri suit [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna second the Endurance Junkie short sleeve version - endurance-junkie.com
Out of Europe but now with free worldwide shipping apparently. Not super aero but pretty comfy. Not super slick for the swim either... I think it is best under a wet suit altough I've done alright just with the suit... you notice the sleeves dragging a bit though.
Quote Reply
Re: Short sleeve tri suit [andrewintown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm currious how tight people go with their Octane suits? I'm in a medium and it is tight like I would wear a skin suit or swim skin... It isn't pulling so much but feels like a well fit compression suit. Mind you I will lose 8-12 lbs from now but probably in places where it isn't skin tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered a Large today from Amazon. Note: Amazon is selling the Octane Tri for $188 with free shipping! http://www.amazon.com/...;keywords=octane+tri Hopefully it fits

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I got mine from there... Bought a medium and large but the large sleeves are baggy. The medium fits like a glove with little extra room. I'm 6'2" and about 195 right now... I plan on being down in the mid 180's (as low as 182 for Whistler if I can get there).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'1 and 193 pounds. My measurements were definitely a large so we will see. My trisuits from ChampSys and Kiwami are both larges

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hide my weight well... The large was loose in my arms so it was medium or nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like how long the sleeves come down on the octane, but prefer a 2-piece tri suit. Does anyone have a top with comparable sleeves that they would suggest?
Quote Reply
Re: Short sleeve tri suit [Dixie07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might work for you http://www.louisgarneau.com/.../Crowie_Original_kit Louis Garneau Crowie Kit

Last edited by: BryanD: Mar 29, 14 10:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad it's a cycling top.
Doesn't seem very aero with pockets on the pack- no?
Guess it could be worn under wetsuit so not an issue on a wetsuit legal swim but then the bike.
Hmmm.............
Thoughts?
-YT
Quote Reply

Prev Next