Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whistler Housing
Quote | Reply
Comical doesn't even begin to describe what people are trying to get away with... I'm looking into booking some places at Whistler for some friends the week of IM and I'm blown away at the insanity that some of the people are trying to get away with. Changing rates while talking to you, increasing minimum stay requirements mid conversation and even asking what the max I will spend on the unit for the week. I can book 6 rooms at the Westin for at a lower price then some of these people are asking per night. One lady wants $8k but will give you the unit for 11 days.

This might be worse then Penticton.
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler Housing [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried airbnb.com?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
Comical doesn't even begin to describe what people are trying to get away with... I'm looking into booking some places at Whistler for some friends the week of IM and I'm blown away at the insanity that some of the people are trying to get away with. Changing rates while talking to you, increasing minimum stay requirements mid conversation and even asking what the max I will spend on the unit for the week. I can book 6 rooms at the Westin for at a lower price then some of these people are asking per night. One lady wants $8k but will give you the unit for 11 days.

This might be worse then Penticton.

My experience is different, we stayed at the "Aspens"

I got 129$ per night for a 1 bed, 5 days with tax etc was 767$ nice place, we stayed there last year for camps and the race. Cheaper and nicer than what I have stayed at in penticton.

Not sure if you are looking at something bigger and dealing directly with owners.

Whistler has a hotel capacity bigger than greater Victoria (city of 300-500 thousand depending on how you measure it) plus way more owner rental units. Buyers market, but you will have issues with greedy owners.

Cheers,

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my experience is the opposite

i have to say it s so easy to rent and so cheap...i havent had the same issue at all.

You can even book the week before the race and it will still be cheap with lots of option.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience was similar to the others. Found a great rental on vbro, contacted the owner and found out it was already rented. Owner gave me in the contact info for his rental agent and she found me a replacement. The rental she found was actually $200 or so cheaper. We are paying around $600 for 6 nights for a two bedroom 2 bath condo with a hot tube. I've paid more than that for a hotel in downtown Madison for 3 nights during IMWI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a nice experience too. On the advice from the forum I called a place but it was rented. They hooked me up with another place at less $$$.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Whistler Housing [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone stayed at Marketplace Lodge or Windwhistle last year? I am looking into condo and based on the recc of links on the forum I am close to securing one but am finding bikes to be an issue.....I cannot bring it inside the condo based on the building's rules....wondering what people's experiences were like last year! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Whistler Housing [IMtri'n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm booked at the Market Place Lodge. I have no more info other then what they tell me. Sorry.

I did ask about the bikes and they told me it's ok, we'll see :)

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Apr 18, 14 7:41
Quote Reply