Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What do u use to hold your quarq magnet in place?
Quote | Reply
The stuff my quarq came with isn't working. Has anyone tried some kind of crazy glue or anything? Any help would be appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: What do u use to hold your quarq magnet in place? [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought double sided tape at home depot, its rated to hold 25 lbs, its been on for a year with out issue.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The epoxy works for me (BB30). The one that goes behind the BB cup also works well if you have one of the updated ones that has plastic molded over the magnet but that doesn't work on BB30/PF30. The under-the-cable-guide one sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a bike to mount it on.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shoe goo?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use hot glue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had mine fall off a couple times over a few years, once it ended up in my rear cassette, which was obviously a huge pain in the ass. The reason mine falls off is that I swap the crank between bikes and when I swap, the chain sometimes ends up hanging off the magnet, adding extra stress on the magnet. I currently have it glued on with tubular glue (which I had sitting around in my cycling tool kit) and then added a simple piece of electrical tape over it wrapped around the frame once. That has been pretty effective for months now.
Quote Reply
Re: What do u use to hold your quarq magnet in place? [iron snorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron snorks wrote:
shoe goo?

I've used it. It has the advantage of being removable if/when you want to do that.

The downside is that it doesn't last forever -- depending on weather and temp have to redo it probably every year or 2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double sided 3M tape with a bit a electrical tape over all of it-- no issued for a couple of years in a dry climate.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JB Weld or plumbers epoxy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a clear sticker I got from my LBS and then epoxied the magnet to the sticker.
Quote Reply
Re: What do u use to hold your quarq magnet in place? [fletcherandrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
epoxy

x2 that the under carriage mount sucks for bb30.
mounting the magnet is certainly the weak link of the quark. If you de-chain there is a good chance it is coming off.
Got so frustrated with losing the magnet I almost bought the Vector's recently. But have had the epoxy working now for a few months.
Quote Reply